DCA 2008 Alumni Spectacular Coverage

Great dynamic contrast, plus double tonging action from the upper brass. Mellos are holding a great note during the closing strains of El Capitan. Drum interlude as the color guard moves behind the corps. There are 5 snares, actually, with 3 single tenors.

I Walk With God. Very nice soprano soloist.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, great finish to I Walk With God. The horn line is very strong this year, especially mellophones with an awesome tone.

We're into Ole now. While the corps is performing, I had a nice conversation with Gil Silva. He's very excited about the success of the Class A corps this year. We both agree that it's very possible that a Class A corps could make Open Class Finals in the next couple years.

Meanwhile, another great soprano soloist from the Crusaders. This piece (either Ole or Masquerade) was used by North Star back in '79/'80. Crusaders have abbreviated it a little, but it's still a great arrangement.

Nice Latin percussion moment going into Masquerade (now I know which song this is). Snares on cymbals, sop soloist coming up front, now joined by a second soprano, who takes over the solo. A third soloist is about to take the reins of the melody, but first, the horns in general get a chance to wail.

Great groove as Masquerade finishes off. This will be a great listen on the CDs.

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen!

* looks around *

* looks again *

* and again *

Nope, I don't see any gentlemen here. :worthy:

I'm out for the day - ballgame then picnic and fireworks tonight - check y'all out when I get back - have fun everyone!! :smile:

Drum line comes forward to play a solo as the horns march back field, setting up on the 50 in a front. Guard is on the 40, side 1. Horns are now expanding out to three line between the 50 and 45, side 2, and begin playing California Dreamin'.

Bass one is playing a tambourine. The corps is now moving towards the side 2 end zone. I believe we're going to get a re-entry and I'll bet money it's Conquest. Horns have now crossed into the end zone and are turning. There's the Conquest theme!

* looks around *

* looks again *

* and again *

Nope, I don't see any gentlemen here. :worthy:

I'm out for the day - ballgame then picnic and fireworks tonight - check y'all out when I get back - have fun everyone!! :smile:

There will be PLENTY for you to read and see when you get back.

Corps is now in parade formation. Drum major just played a soprano solo. Here they come with Conquest! Crowd goes wild!

Scout House is entering the field. Love the high stepping and arm swinging which the DM and the honor guard do. Arm swing also in the corps proper. Very flashy.