DCA 2008 Championship Coverage

I will say there's no doubt in my mind that Alliance has the best drum line in Class A and could give some of the Open Class lines a run. Their warm-up alone is incredible.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The show opens similar to 2003 Blue Devils, starting with a single snare player, then adding in the rest of the section until the whole line is playing, in a line, and in our faces.

Very tense opening to the show, horns playing backfield, before forming a company front and giving us the first impact of the show.

Contra player almost got taken out during a close interval move. Alliance has a very difficult visual book

You can tell this is soundtrack music. It sounds like something's happening, but we can't see it since we're not watching the movie.

I can't wait to see the recaps for this drum line.

Mellos just made me love them, crescendoing an awesome note to the release of a musical climax.

Horns now facing backfield doing a wave move in a box formation.

Horns turn back front to play music from Batman Begins. Almost expect to see the shadow of Batman brooding in a dark corner somewhere.

Nice moment in the low brass. Now mellos join in, finally sops. This is the same music used by Spirit in their show this year.

Horns are now playing the Batman Begins two chord theme while the drums come back in.

Drums overpower the brass. This has been a recurring theme both nights.

Horns and drums now playing musical stabs while the horns rotate a form in the middle of the field, reversing the rotation in the middle of the move.

Now we're getting some intensity from the horns. Keep it up to the end!

Nice falling sand type move with the horns, "pouring" down the field into a block triangle.