Prelim recaps?

Dr Beat

It is not the releasing of the prelims recaps that is being held up.........it is the posting...... I'm sure, as Tom Peashey said earlier, the prelim recaps were released. I'm sure all the corps have them.

I can vouch and say that the Class A corps did NOT receive any such RECAP from the prelims performance other than their own individual score sheets and summary. MAYBE the Open class corps got one but we did not. All we had were tapes to listen to and try to prepare with for the Finals rehearsal day on yesterday.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can vouch and say that the Class A corps did NOT receive any such RECAP from the prelims performance other than their own individual score sheets and summary. MAYBE the Open class corps got one but we did not. All we had were tapes to listen to and try to prepare with for the Finals rehearsal day on yesterday.

Looks like you prepared very well for finals without said recap! Congratulations!!! say Hi to Crawford he tells me he helps with your marketing etc...See yah next year in open??

Congrats never the less.

Looks like the latest tune up on the Maserati worked. :tongue:

Have a great 09 season

PLEASE, Not another conspiracy theory!

NO corps , Whatever classification, Gets a prelim recap.Thats the rule.

Prelim recaps are given out to corps at finals along with the finals recap.

The staffs of various open class corps generally compare sheets to see who did what in regards to the numbers once prelims is finished.

The fact is if you needed prelim recaps to prepare for finals, God help you. I don't ever in 30 years remember getting prelim recaps.

The fact is if you needed prelim recaps to prepare for finals, God help you. I don't ever in 30 years remember getting prelim recaps.

ain't that the truth!! After prelims a beer and a good night's sleep before finals!! Hell remember when we had prelims and finals the same day wow!!!! :tongue:

Tom said that the recaps of the finals and prelims were "released," after the finals. I never said that corps had them BEFORE finals. Your statement is consistent with Tom's (and if you HAVE the recaps now, it is consistent with MY statement as well). It makes sense to hold back the prelims captions scoring from the judges who will be scoring the same captions in the finals. You can't hold back the total scores because they determine the order of appearance as well as who even makes it to the finals.

I last instructed under the tick system. So a judge wouldn't be under scrutiny from a prelims "ticking" as much as under the newer and improved system. Besides, my score sheets looked like somebody practicing 1-2-3-4-cross, 1-2-3-4-cross, 1-2-3-4-cross, and on........and on.......and on. Finals were gone after the fifth "bunch."

Memories........... BAD memories.........LOL

Joe

2005 Reading Buccaneers :)

??????