Ok, so I saw the new DCA logo at prelims, and the first thing I thought was "wow that really looks a lot like DCI's logo." Was that the goal? DCA's been using the red, white and blue color scheme for a long time, so that didn't surprise me, but now that DCI is going with the red, white and blue "major league" logo more, so it seems a little strange that DCA would pick a logo so similar.

Also, why was the DCI logo displayed on the big screen between several of the corps? That didn't make any sense.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The logo has been worked on for a long time... the "pros" tell us what's right and what's wrong... what works and what doesn't work...

I can assure you that any similarity to the dci logo is coincidental... because they are both Excellent logos

The excellent relationship between DCI and DCA is based on the premise - viva la difference...

DCI has been and remains an excellent supporter of the DCA Championship and vice versa... but I caution not to read anything into a new logo that is simply not there...

I'm wondering why the decision was made to change the DCA logo in the first place. I'm not trying to be overly critical, but I don't particularly care for it. The good 'ol globe just seemed to have a unique identity that was clearly DCA. The new logo is just so... plain. Doesn't really make a bold statement, if that makes any sense. But hey, that's why I'm just one voice in the peanut gallery.

I'm wondering why the decision was made to change the DCA logo in the first place. I'm not trying to be overly critical, but I don't particularly care for it. The good 'ol globe just seemed to have a unique identity that was clearly DCA. The new logo is just so... plain. Doesn't really make a bold statement, if that makes any sense. But hey, that's why I'm just one voice in the peanut gallery.

The DCA membership agreed to a new logo design a few years ago.

Everyone thought the new design was great when it was unvield on Fridays luncheon in Rochester.

Dont worry , The old logo will not disappear, Its worked hard these past 40 or so years and im sure it will come out of retirement from time to time.

Also, why was the DCI logo displayed on the big screen between several of the corps? That didn't make any sense.

Last year there were also DCI ads run on the screen during Prelims. Biggest problem was the volume was too loud if you sat up top. LOL, really different from my day when you never saw DCA/DCI publicly admit each other existed. Behind the scenes they talked to each other but nothing like today.

eCome to think of it.... is that a different screen from last year? No sound, but GREAT use of showing the corps on the field. :thumbup:

same screen...

I'm sure the new logo will be on the web site soon...

I'm not savvy enough to post it on here... maybe I can send it to someone and they can post it... any volunteers... just email me...

We did have numerous complaints from printers etc. that the old logo was too detailed and that much got "lost" when reproduced...

Same jumbotron... and it's a good one... control of volumn was better because you complained last year and we listened

Tom

same screen...

Same jumbotron... and it's a good one... control of volumn was better because you complained last year and we listened

Tom

Actually only volume complaints I heard last year was during the DCI ads which seemed lot louder than any work done by the announcers. Then again, I couldn't remember what the flippin' screen looked like so go figure.... :music:

Edit: Just remembered that DCI wasn't the only one running ads last year in between Prelims corps (I think :thumbup: ). All ads seemed to be "over volumed" just like some TV ads. :music: Kinda made the no ads this year more noticable.

As for the logo... Still getting used to a new one after all these years....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari