Not quite what I meant, Fran. I know about the audience meter. :thumbup: I thought maybe they were taking it a step further and actually giving the alumni corps a score.

I hear ya, Robbie..... I would hate to see it come to the day when the alumni corps are scored.

Alumni corps are fun. How would anyone "rank and rate" fun?

Fran

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious...........what scores would that be? Are they scoring the alumni corps now?

no. it pertains to the field corps which goes for scores, and the alumni corps who is scored in thunderous applause.

or, in simpler terms, the field and alumni corps of the organization both usually kick ### year in and year out

Jeff maybe you should have gotten a metronome out. Or were you out for a hotdog during the show?...HEH

Also take a look at the dvd they were spread out for most of the show.

Opener was at 160, Celebration 120, Conflict 172, Peace 100, New Era from about 60 to 160

heh.,..no, I watched, and i'm usually good with tempo. however, for you, i'll amend my statement....it FEL like the tempos never adjusted, and at one point with the Dm and battery slowing down, it caused a tear that was kinda obvious to all.

given the story the recaps tell, you marched your show clean downstairs, but upstairs, coupled with the guard, well, it just didnt pan out for you this year.

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

Thanks for the write up as always. Sorry I missed seeing you this year! CV finals perfomance was definitly a corps having fun and performing. It was a gas!

see ya in the spring maybe

yeah missed you too. how dare she get a job that requires her to teach the Friday of DCA weekend

prelims:

MCL: fun show, but...it came across as written to make every thing keep building up to the screamer and the contra. Dont get me wrong, they were great, but it came off was what people bashed Empire for the last few years...the rest of the corps came off as a back up band for two leads. the lack of guard bodies in the ballad confused me, and i did hear judges told you there had been too much going on. ok...so then why are guard people visible sitting on the sidelines? hide em! seemed to me visual was the weakpoint. all that said...it WAS a fun show. Loved the DM

Thanks for the review, Jeff. I respect anyone who has the "courage" to put one out there. We've got a pretty thorough understanding of where our weaknesses are and will work to overcome them. Time and circumstances often limit what can be done in the course of a season.

If one of the biggest criticisms is MCL 2008 sounded like Empire of years gone by.... well, I'll take that as a compliment. Being only 5 years old, we're still experimenting with what our trademark look and sound should be. MCL 2007 entertained in a different way than MCL 2008. Expect MCL 2009 to be different still. And, if we beef up our numbers by 50% next year, Paetec Park will need more work done on it after Labor Day. :sad:

Keep the reviews coming.

Scott, I saw Empire live and in person when they were only five years old. Keep doing what you are doing, and add to it their absolutely positive attitude, focus on entertainment, and belief in their product that has carried them all these years.

You guys will be just fine. I/we look forward to competing against a solid MCL again next year.

If one of the biggest criticisms is MCL 2008 sounded like Empire of years gone by.... well, I'll take that as a compliment. Being only 5 years old, we're still experimenting with what our trademark look and sound should be. MCL 2007 entertained in a different way than MCL 2008. Expect MCL 2009 to be different still. And, if we beef up our numbers by 50% next year, Paetec Park will need more work done on it after Labor Day. :sad:

A 50% larger MCL next year? <lets out long whistle> Holy Cow! Saying "Paetec Park will need more work done" would be quite the understatement.

Good luck to MCL in 2009. I hope you reach that "50% larger" threshold. And we'll be waiting eagerly for your next VA appearance.

Thanks for the review, Jeff. I respect anyone who has the "courage" to put one out there. We've got a pretty thorough understanding of where our weaknesses are and will work to overcome them. Time and circumstances often limit what can be done in the course of a season.

If one of the biggest criticisms is MCL 2008 sounded like Empire of years gone by.... well, I'll take that as a compliment. Being only 5 years old, we're still experimenting with what our trademark look and sound should be. MCL 2007 entertained in a different way than MCL 2008. Expect MCL 2009 to be different still. And, if we beef up our numbers by 50% next year, Paetec Park will need more work done on it after Labor Day. :innocent:

Keep the reviews coming.

courage is also another word for stupidity at times :blink:

keep up the good work. i have enjoyed watching you guys grow in size and quality, and your day will come. I cant wait to be there to see it.

but about that "toby/Bill" guy in the guard

:blink:

but about that "toby/Bill" guy in the guard

:innocent:

No kidding. That kid is a walking tick box.