ok, finals:

Renegades...mello soloist a scream. screamer a scream too.

Who might that have been?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding. That kid is a walking tick box.

Yeah... He even had me worried during the Bridgemen Alumni's performance, LOL!

Thanks to our Alumni for always making it a joy and "make-me-want-to-break-things-because-you're-so-#######-awesome"!!!

With a 15 point penalty for for the Competing Corps screaming bloody hell for them on the sidelines... :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

And Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! All of you doing this for us is one of the reasons why I travel from the Chicago area to be with the Cabs Alumni Corps. It IS one AWESOME ride!!! :thumbup::whistle::tongue:

"This was absolutely one of the greatest highlights of my Caballero career."

"Thanks to all the people who parted like the "Red Sea" when they saw 150+ people in a mad dash to the stands. Thanks to Gil Silva for letting all of us sit right on the sideline for our beloved Alumni. Thanks to our Alumni for always making it a joy and "make-me-want-to-break-things-because-you're-so-#######-awesome"!!!"

Laura, I have to tell you that every year having our competing corps present and cheering for us at the Alumni Spectacular is a special moment, the highlight of our season for me. Cutting short on their rehearsal time to watch us means a lot to the Alumni members. You can imagine my personal disappointment, then, as we took the field and saw they had not yet arrived, because THIS year my daughter was playing in the pit and was to be among the assembled members! I brushed that aside as we cranked up the street beat and took up our opening set.

As we were playing 'Perfidia,' out of the corner of my eye I saw a mass of red and black moving along the front sideline to my left. I thought "Could that be them? did they make it after all?" As we halted I glanced over, and there was our corps, our Cabs, cheering, clapping and hollering for us! It's hard to describe the adrenalin rush I felt right then. Our Family was once again together for this special yearly gathering!

Thank you to you, all the staff, and all the members of the Caballeros for your continued support of us 'old guys.' We have something few other corps have, and no one on the outside can ever really fully understand unless they are a part of the organization.

I also have to tell you how proud I was watching the post-contest concert late that night, not just for my daughter, but for the whole corps. Again, it's something special that just can't be put into words.

By the way, give my congratulations to Glenn. I thought he did a great job this season.

I responded in private, but John THANK YOU for all that you do. The Competing and the Alumni co-exist. Without each other, there wouldn't be Caballeros. And that's sad.

Thank you for the kind words about Glenn. He is looking forward to improving and growing in the 2009 season, and being the best he can be for the current team, and all that came before him.

Yeah... He even had me worried during the Bridgemen Alumni's performance, LOL!

He was really obvious during INT...