and the Cabs:...the rolls royce of the activity, be it going for scores or in alumni corps. a

Just curious...........what scores would that be? Are they scoring the alumni corps now?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, just to let you know that I had the opportunity to see you 5 times this season, beginning in Wildwood. You speak the truth about heart and improvement. Bush came to play and play you did. Congratulations

Joe

By the way... just wanted to comment that Bushwackers this year was a drum corps with a ton of heart... we came a long way in a short time. For all of the ups and downs, it was a summer I won't forget.

Cp

Just curious...........what scores would that be? Are they scoring the alumni corps now?

Jeff meant that both the Cabs' organizations, the competitive AND the alumni corps, are class organizations.

Ok, before we get to the corps, here's some random stuff.

Kilties: props for taking music one would not normally hear on the field and making it mostly work. only problem tho it was all seemed very much the same, with little variety in tempo. ensemble tears hurt, and given the drill, i'm not sure why there were tears. you werent running and spread out all over. i'd imagine the field captions hurt your score as well as visual in general. it's very frustrating...you're so close, yet it seems the same sheets hurt you year in and year out. it's time to take a leap and program some velocity in the show at the expense of a ton of notes and clean. way too many indivisual feet errors for finals weekend.

Jeff maybe you should have gotten a metronome out. Or were you out for a hotdog during the show?...HEH

Also take a look at the dvd they were spread out for most of the show.

Opener was at 160, Celebration 120, Conflict 172, Peace 100, New Era from about 60 to 160

Are they scoring the alumni corps now?

Yes. The Cabs Alumni corps consistently scores 125 or higher. At least they do on the "audience meter." :thumbup:

Fran

alumni show:

got there late, needed sleep. arrived as Sky was on, i think in columbia. from there, very fun show with a reduced snare line still clean as balls. Jomba makes a good dm tho he still cant dance :thumbup: Ny ending always great and you cant go wrong with Elks

Park City again very entertaining and huge. they obviously have fun and figured out how to blend a zillion corps into one without sacrificing anyones identity.

Dips: fun show of Beatles tunes, tho the storyline you had going with the dancers confused more than a few in this old school crowd.

Bridgemen: Jerome can play his ### off still. always fun, and knew the original drum parts to all the tunes. Liz, i told you sunday night....you play a ##### well !!! inside joke...watch the video during Winnetka). now...please, i beg...WILL FINALLY PLAY THE CIVIL WAR SUITE?!?!?!?!?!? I dont care if the north, south, east or west win, just play it!!!

St. Joes...huge rise in quality this year,and definitely had the hometown edge!

and the Cabs:...the rolls royce of the activity, be it going for scores or in alumni corps. a more modern drill ( aka 70's) and as always the soloists are top notch. Loved seeing the field corps run in to catch you guys as i guess they got in late and seeing the energy level of the alumni go up as the "kids" filed in. Frank...thank you. if you do Brett Farve it, no one will complain.

Olive Garden out the marketplace mall...bravo. fast service, good food, and cheaper than here at home.

ok quick break then finals

Jeff, thanks so much from all of us in Mighty St. Joe's for taking the time to review the Alumni Spectacular. Don't get to see that often. It's so much fun performing in front of such a large and knowledgeable DC audience. Following The Bridgemen is always a tough act. It took the crowd a little while to realize we were there. But I think we did have a great show and I know that each and everyone of us really enjoyed ourselves. Look forward to being there again in 2009, this show just seems to get better and better with age................

Edited by MSJ Snare

Yes. The Cabs Alumni corps consistently scores 125 or higher. At least they do on the "audience meter." :thumbup:

Fran

Not quite what I meant, Fran. I know about the audience meter. :music: I thought maybe they were taking it a step further and actually giving the alumni corps a score.

I agree. The Cabs Alumni corps does a great job.

alumni show:

and the Cabs:...the rolls royce of the activity, be it going for scores or in alumni corps. a more modern drill ( aka 70's) and as always the soloists are top notch. Loved seeing the field corps run in to catch you guys as i guess they got in late and seeing the energy level of the alumni go up as the "kids" filed in. Frank...thank you. if you do Brett Farve it, no one will complain.

This was absolutely one of the greatest highlights of my Caballero career.

I had a friend texting me that the Alumni was going on the field and we would miss them if we didn't hurry. We were still packing and loading at the practice field. We were all so upset on the bus and told the bus drivers to go from "zero to plaid" to get us there in time. We get to the stadium and ran off the buses like lunatics.

Thanks to all the people who parted like the "Red Sea" when they saw 150+ people in a mad dash to the stands. Thanks to Gil Silva for letting all of us sit right on the sideline for our beloved Alumni. Thanks to our Alumni for always making it a joy and "make-me-want-to-break-things-because-you're-so-#######-awesome"!!!

Yes. The Cabs Alumni corps consistently scores 125 or higher. At least they do on the "audience meter." :peek:

Fran

With a 15 point penalty for for the Competing Corps screaming bloody hell for them on the sidelines... :thumbup::music: :music:

Thanks for the write up as always. Sorry I missed seeing you this year! CV finals perfomance was definitly a corps having fun and performing. It was a gas!

see ya in the spring maybe

Thanks for the write up as always. Sorry I missed seeing you this year! CV finals perfomance was definitly a corps having fun and performing. It was a gas!

Hey Vic...... Barbara saw the I&E snare results, and said she was happy that you exceeded your expectations and didn't come in 4th this time!!!!! :thumbup:

Fran