2008 Renegades

You guys were a blast to meet at the Doubletree. Carol Smith, great to finally make your aquaintance. Dan, you are a lot of fun! A very talented, creative group. Plus, the chance to hear Bonnie Ott play again?? Priceless!!!

Thanks for the memories........

Edited by stoods59

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys were a blast to meet at the Doubletree. Carol Smith, great to finally make your aquaintance. Dan, you are a blast! A very talented, creative group. Plus, the chance to hear Bonnie Ott play again?? Priceless!!!

Thanks for the memories........

I had the opportunity to hang with the Renegades all Labor Day weekend last year from Friday rehearsal, to Prelims and finals in the Huge 15 person "A" section, straight through to Mondy Morning trying to go to sleep and eat breakfast at the same time. It was the most fun I have ever had at DCA. I was unable to spend the entire weekend with the Renegades this year due to other committments but I did hang with them Saturday afternoon and I was one of the "Pit Crew" moving the pit equiptment at prelims. The Renegades are my West Coast Drum Corps Family.

Edited by Contra Joe

Renegades.....your hornline blew me away. It was a great suprise to see Bonnie Ott playing again. She still has it!

At retreat in Hershey, PA, in 1974, Bonnie came out of the ranks & did the Chase the Clouds Away solo as we were lined up beside BD. (It was a Jr/Sr show) That lady can still play. I'm been a BD fan ever since!

Thanks guys ... like just about every other corps, we wish that we had placed higher at DCA, but nonetheless, 2008 was a fun and rewarding season ... a season where we found a huge amount of new talent in our ranks, and 99.9999% of the drama and negativity was left behind in the dust.

I saw members cry this year when they got off the field this year ... not out of frustration, but because a magical season was coming to an end ... this was one of the closest corps we have had, with dedicated members who worked very hard all season .... I am proud of all of them.

Onwards and upwards ... and congratulations to the Bucs, Empire and Minn. Brass, and all DCA competing corps. My mission now is to get a video of the Bushwackers, as timing made it impossible to see the one interesting show that I really, really wanted to see this year above all others.

Peace out -

Lee

Lee-

Thanks for the kind words about Bush. What an experience we had this year! It was exhilirating to perform at Finals. Also, I would like to add that I shared a mere 50 minute plane ride from Rochester to Newark with a few of your corps members. What a classy bunch of people you are. I am sorry I missed your show as well, but I look forward to watching the your show many times on the DVD that I just ordered this morning. Mainly because I love power chords and evil stuff....but the sunglasses are bad ### too. LOL Take care!!

Thanks guys ... like just about every other corps, we wish that we had placed higher at DCA, but nonetheless, 2008 was a fun and rewarding season ... a season where we found a huge amount of new talent in our ranks, and 99.9999% of the drama and negativity was left behind in the dust.

I saw members cry this year when they got off the field this year ... not out of frustration, but because a magical season was coming to an end ... this was one of the closest corps we have had, with dedicated members who worked very hard all season .... I am proud of all of them.

Onwards and upwards ... and congratulations to the Bucs, Empire and Minn. Brass, and all DCA competing corps. My mission now is to get a video of the Bushwackers, as timing made it impossible to see the one interesting show that I really, really wanted to see this year above all others.

Peace out -

Lee

Renegades.....your hornline blew me away. It was a great suprise to see Bonnie Ott playing again. She still has it!

At retreat in Hershey, PA, in 1974, Bonnie came out of the ranks & did the Chase the Clouds Away solo as we were lined up beside BD. (It was a Jr/Sr show) That lady can still play. I'm been a BD fan ever since!

Wow!!! I haven't felt this good for 32 years! LOL When I picked up a horn in January, I seriously had doubts that I could eek out a sound. Well, maybe eek a sound, but that's what it would sound like too. The Renegades have made me a part of the Renegade family since day one. They are such a friendly organization and know when to buckle down while having fun at the same time. They had faith in my playing and encouraged me to give it all a try. To stand in front of the Renegades has truly been a pleasure. Thanks for remembering and mentioning me.

Wow!!! I haven't felt this good for 32 years! LOL When I picked up a horn in January, I seriously had doubts that I could eek out a sound. Well, maybe eek a sound, but that's what it would sound like too. The Renegades have made me a part of the Renegade family since day one. They are such a friendly organization and know when to buckle down while having fun at the same time. They had faith in my playing and encouraged me to give it all a try. To stand in front of the Renegades has truly been a pleasure. Thanks for remembering and mentioning me.

Bonnie,

Post #1!!! Welcome to DCP.

'Twas a pleasure to view videos of you and the Renegades from Fremont and Family Day. I loved my viewpoint of your Pre and Finals performances and enjoyed my visit to your rehearsal. Keep up the fine playing.

I just got off the phone with Bob and Annie. They are back in Atlanta, no problem. Pops was missed, but I understand.

Renegade at heart....

While I don't pretend to "officially" speak for the corps, I think I've been around long enough to tell you all that if you want to know what the Renegades are about....REALLY about, it's this thread. The corps has a staff that is 1000% dedicated to designing the best possible show and the ranks have always been filled with talented peopel that want to perform the #### out of it. That said, what's even more defining in the corps mission is that on top of entertaining the crowd and being competitve, they want everyone who hangs with them to have a good time. To feel a good vibe when they come to their practices, to feel like they, at any time can pick up a horn/drum/flag and jump right in. THere have been many many years in a row where the ranks of the staff have been filled with drum corps "gods" and yet I have never found a pretentious jerk amongst any of them.

I can assure you that every year I performed I poured 1300% into entertaining the crowd and being absolutely the best, competitively, that I could be. However, if you were to ask me our DCA placements the years I marched....I'd probably muff it all up. I have no idea. That's not what stuck with me. And I don't think that's what sticks with the corps fans.

As an alum the ONLY thing that made me prouder (more proud?) of the corps performance this year is the volumes of people that posted to the forum within hours of arriving home (after a looooooooong flight from NY) and asking "When's Open House???". And the e-mails the staff continuously gets from around the country saying "If I sell all my #### and move out there, can I join the corps??"

THAT, I believe, is the true measure of a corps, their staff, and the show design.

Rock on.

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

Holy Cow!! That was you!!

I was sitting in the stands thinking: I have not heard a female mellophone player like that since Bonnie Ott in Legend of the One Eyed Sailor!

:innocent:

Renegades were again the most fun to watch and like Lee, wish you would have placed higher. I missed Brigs, so I could not compare the two, but it is tough only getting in front of the judges for a couple of shows a year. Minnesota Brass did it - one of these years, Renegades will too!

My favorite thing about Renegades? For the most part - you are still made up primarily of "old guys" (like me!).

Jim

83 Buc's snareline (marched next to Lee!)

Lee-

Thanks for the kind words about Bush. What an experience we had this year! It was exhilirating to perform at Finals. Also, I would like to add that I shared a mere 50 minute plane ride from Rochester to Newark with a few of your corps members. What a classy bunch of people you are. I am sorry I missed your show as well, but I look forward to watching the your show many times on the DVD that I just ordered this morning. Mainly because I love power chords and evil stuff....but the sunglasses are bad ### too. LOL Take care!!

Where can we order the video... :innocent: