Congrats to Music City Legend

While on the intriguing Star United thread, I responded to an MCL compliment. Music City plays music that pulls at my heartstrings, that tightens corsets. Somehow, they get egos to work together on the field and stage. I thank Nashville's finest for thrilling the audience. I'm just sorry you finally listened to the judges and toned it down. (Yep, folks, that was MCL tethered Labor Day weekend.) In this case, our own judges need to turn over and read the backside of the sheets. Thanks for a highlight of my entire corpsdom experience!!!

Regi, keep bringing Vickie to shows. She's pointedly another highlight of a drum corps summer. :innocent:

My comment posted under the Star United thread:

Regarding the compliment for MCL -- Those dudes can play. I know that Vinnie Ciesielski, Bb screamer, and Joe Murphy, contraextraordinaire, get a lot of spotlight, but they are backed by one of the best horn lines around, Regi, Willard.... Some folks miss that in the viewing. I've attended many MCL rehearsals and this group is for real.

I told Scott Rhodes last year in early August that skipping Mini Corps was not a good idea. MCL has the talent and needs to get their name out there more. What a welcome addition to Mini Corps!!!!!!!!!!

Throw in Hulka McCoy in the corps battery, I&E snare winner in '06, '08, Ashley Nilles, dm, and the competitive corps is a showstopper. The shiny Penny percussion does well to balance the kicka*s brass, while the cg sold the continuing love story.

Edited by CozyChopsCom

I couldn't believe they didn't make the night show. What a performance!

Loved both the minicorps and full corps performances and really hoped I'd see them in the finals. And...MCL are some of the nicest and most gracious people I've met at DCA (granted, my experience in DCA is quite limited...I started marching again just last year...20 years after I last marched DCI). Hope to see them at the Marriott again next year :)

Good to see ya this weekend and talk to you Sunday nite......loved the shirt....next year I'll have one that glows too

While MCL was 'layin' it out' at the I&E our kids were transfixed back on the dock.......almost had 'em bust thru the double doors.......they were swooning with rupture.........OK, I was too

Joe

While on the intriguing Star United thread, I responded to an MCL compliment. Music City plays music that pulls at my heartstrings, that tightens corsets. Somehow, they get egos to work together on the field and stage. I thank Nashville's finest for thrilling the audience. I'm just sorry you finally listened to the judges and toned it down. (Yep, folks, that was MCL tethered Labor Day weekend.) In this case, our own judges need to turn over and read the backside of the sheets. Thanks for a highlight of my entire corpsdom experience!!!

Regi, keep bringing Vickie to shows. She's pointedly another highlight of a drum corps summer. :innocent:

My comment posted under the Star United thread:

Regarding the compliment for MCL -- Those dudes can play. I know that Vinnie Ciesielski, Bb screamer, and Joe Murphy, contraextraordinaire, get a lot of spotlight, but they are backed by one of the best horn lines around, Regi, Willard.... Some folks miss that in the viewing. I've attended many MCL rehearsals and this group is for real.

I told Scott Rhodes last year in early August that skipping Mini Corps was not a good idea. MCL has the talent and needs to get their name out there more. What a welcome addition to Mini Corps!!!!!!!!!!

Throw in Hulka McCoy in the corps battery, I&E snare winner in '06, '08, Ashley Nilles, dm, and the competitive corps is a showstopper. The shiny Penny percussion does well to balance the kicka*s brass, while the cg sold the continuing love story.

Didn't see the mini version, but got to see you guys at prelims and holy carp, nice show. I still think you guys got the biggest standin-O in the middle of your show.

You were my favorite corps of the weekend :innocent: Thank you!

Good to see ya this weekend and talk to you Sunday nite......loved the shirt....next year I'll have one that glows too

While MCL was 'layin' it out' at the I&E our kids were transfixed back on the dock.......almost had 'em bust thru the double doors.......they were swooning with rupture.........OK, I was too

Joe

I wore formal Hawaiian in honor of Fran and Barb. George Iacone and I, both clad in Hawaiian amidst suits 'n ties at trophy presentation, talked about how years of dressing up was not missed at all.

It was great to chat with you. Just never enough time.

By far my favorite show of all the clips I saw posted on DCP! Always a fan!

One of my favorite shows from prelims and finals.

congrats MCL, look forward to seeing ya'll many more times!

Edited by Trey_b

Wow! Thanks Cozy, and everyone else! You don't know what this means to all of us! Yes, we made a choice to focus on being entertaining. We still want to score higher, but our focus is on the fans. The responses from the crowds at the stadium and at minicorps were wonderful! It makes it all worthwhile. So many people came to us over the weekend, and online, to tell us how much they enjoyed our performance. We really appreciate your applause and encouragement!

Thanks so much!

MCL made many friends and fans this season.

It was my pleasure to interact with Scott and some of the MCL people. They threated me great in Nashville, they have alot of class. They'll be a finalist in no time, they have the right work ethic.