Bluecoats

It looks like there is alot on the horizon for bluecoats, creatively it seems as though there is going to be an entire overhaul.

Mitch Rogers...NOT doing the drill again..who will they get?

Mike Macintosh.. drums/music coordinator....not coming back ...who will they get?

Drew Shanefield.. program coordinator...not coming back, who will they get

Rick subel ...guard captionhead/designer...not coming back..who will they get.

Thats quite alot of change for one year, im on pins and needles for who they will get to fulfill these roles. Is there a creative team out there doing nothing right now waiting to get picked up. this corps is way to talented to take steps backwards.

Any suggestions for a good fit>

Discuss....

Mike Macintosh.. drums/music coordinator....not coming back ...who will they get?

News to me! kind've a shame, I feel like their battery has been their saving grace last couple years. whew! LOVED their sound since Mac came to canton!

some big shoes to fill if you ask me...

To the designers of the Bluecoats-

"Why don't you stay the evening

Kick back and watch the TV

And I'll fix a little something to eat

Oh I know your back hurts from working on the tractor

How do you take your coffee my sweet

I will raise the children if you pay all the bills "

please.................

I wouldn't say I'm worried about these changes.

...yet.

I do trust Dave Glasgow to get the right people for the jobs, and i hope that this gets resolved quickly, so that we may not need to worry about the future of this great organization for long.

No need to fear folks, I promise you. Although I can't talk specifics, I will just say that I have the strongest faith in our leadership and in Dave Glasgow, and there are many amazing talents that will be working with the corps this coming summer. The staff members that left are super people and did an excellent job with the corps, and we are in deed proud of their work. But as is the case in this activity, and all corps deal with it, people need time off, and some need to pursue new horizons. Some desire to go back to corps they formerly marched or worked with, and there is nothing wrong with that.

We tend to blow these things up and make them into mountains, but in reality it is never quite that way. And to the credit of these instructors with all corps, this is a very stressful, time-consuming, and challenging line of work. All of us are blessed when we have these great talents working with our corps, but the change from time to time is inevitable.

None-the-less, the Bluecoats of 2009 will be fantastic!

JW

not the biggest losses for the organization except for Mac. BUT, Ray is just as qualified to take over if not someone better.

Everyone has consistantly made poor comments about Mitch's drill writing/the visual package.

Subel didn't do much for the guard this year...

Shanefield was a good addition, but Fairbanks will do well in replacing him.

2009 will be a good year for the corps regardless. I hope they find a great guard person and drill writer to get those aspects of the program up to par with what the Horns and Drums have done in the past.

I wouldn't say I'm worried about these changes.

...yet.

I do trust Dave Glasgow to get the right people for the jobs, and i hope that this gets resolved quickly, so that we may not need to worry about the future of this great organization for long.

No need to fear folks, I promise you. Although I can't talk specifics, I will just say that I have the strongest faith in our leadership and in Dave Glasgow, and there are many amazing talents that will be working with the corps this coming summer. The staff members that left are super people and did an excellent job with the corps, and we are in deed proud of their work. But as is the case in this activity, and all corps deal with it, people need time off, and some need to pursue new horizons. Some desire to go back to corps they formerly marched or worked with, and there is nothing wrong with that.

We tend to blow these things up and make them into mountains, but in reality it is never quite that way. And to the credit of these instructors with all corps, this is a very stressful, time-consuming, and challenging line of work. All of us are blessed when we have these great talents working with our corps, but the change from time to time is inevitable.

None-the-less, the Bluecoats of 2009 will be fantastic!

JW

Agree. With such an overhaul, maybe a return to a 2005, Caravan-esque sort of programming?