Too Many Hurricanes!

Or maybe: Manny, Moe and Jack :whistle:

how about ray & joe as in luedee & genero!! :shutup:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, since my recent move to the Houston area, I've become very interested in hurricanes (No. Not the Connecticut variety :cool:). Since the topic of hurricane names came up, here you go (I didn't realize how far in advance they have them named. Through 2013):

Atlantic Names:

Arthur (At its strongest point- Tropical Storm)

Bertha (cat. 3)

Cristobal (TS)

Dolly (cat. 2)

Edouard (TS)

Fay (TS)

Gustav (cat. 4)

Hanna (cat. 1)

Ike (cat. 4)

Josephine (TS)

Kyle

Laura

Marco

Nana

Omar

Paloma

Rene

Sally

Teddy

Vicky

Wilfred

Ana

Bill

Claudette

Danny

Erika

Fred

Grace

Henri

Ida

Joaquin

Kate

Larry

Mindy

Nicholas

Odette

Peter

Rose

Sam

Teresa

Victor

Wanda

Edited by skajerk

For some reason, since my recent move to the Houston area, I've become very interested in hurricanes (No. Not the Connecticut variety :cool:). Since the topic of hurricane names came up, here you go (I didn't realize how far in advance they have them named. Through 2013):

Atlantic Names:

Arthur (At its strongest point- Tropical Storm)

Bertha (cat. 3)

Cristobal (TS)

Dolly (cat. 2)

Edouard (TS)

Fay (TS)

Gustav (cat. 4)

Hanna (cat. 1)

Ike (cat. 4)

Josephine (TS)

Kyle

Laura

Marco

Nana

Omar

Paloma

Rene

Sally

Teddy

Vicky

Wilfred

Ana

Bill

Claudette

Danny

Erika

Fred

Grace

Henri

Ida

Joaquin

Kate

Larry

Mindy

Nicholas

Odette

Peter

Rose

Sam

Teresa

Victor

Wanda

It would be interesting to see how many members of the Hurricanes actually have those names.

"Hi.... I'm Hurricane Laura. I play mellophone." LOL

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

It would be interesting to see how many members of the Hurricanes actually have those names.

"Hi.... I'm Hurricane Laura. I play mellophone." LOL

Fran

hmmm... I think a Hurricane roll call is in order.

well I guess we should all be used to Hurricanes this summer... after all, DCA had a hurricane of its own tearing things up from show to show...

(not to make light of a dangerous hurricane bearing down on Houston - it would be interesting to see how the New Orleans infrastructure holds out if it gets hit again this week which is definitely a possibility)

I agree, thats why folks within my region label this "Hurricane Season", be prepared or suffer the worse.

During DCA competition in Rochester 3 quarters of my Corps (GCS) had to drive back to Houston just in case Gustav made landfall in order to prepare their familes/pets, etc.. I flew roundtrip from New Orleans to Rochester then come Sunday morning Louis Armstrong International Airport in New Orleans was shut down in preperations for Gustav so I had to re-direct my flight which I did to Orlando.

If New Orleans were to experience another Cat 3 + storm the City just may be wiped out as the Army Corps of Engineers has not built an adequate levee system from the start which is why New Orleans flooded in the first place NOT because of Hurricane Katrina, and still the Army Corps have yet to build anything close to protection for the region (1 of the many perks of living in New Orleans)

All in all, I spent a few days with my younger sister in Orlando park hopping Disney World parks and checking out some really good jam bands throughout the park, but when my plane landed in New Orleans last Friday you could see the impact Gustav had on the region even though the hurricane made landfall more Westward to Baton Rouge/Lafayette. There was debris everywhere, a lot of homes with no power (still today a lot of people odn't have power), and the great smell of decomposition and aged refrigerator items.

Its fun sometimes to crack jokes but to go through it then have to come back and deal with the aftermath is NOT funny.

I have a hard time getting serious about Hurricane Dove, I think the people who pick these names left the covers off their markers a little too long.

I can see the headlines in 2009 "Hurricane Odette Slams into Florida, Peters out at Sea

Edited by stuh

Seriously though guys, Ike weren't no joke!!!!! I know, you hear it was a CAT 2 hurricane and think no big deal. But this guy showed up and whipped up on us but good. Most members of the corps have checked in and we are all ok. Most still without power. But we are from Texas, we will be fine.

PS- How bad can a hurricane named Kyle really be?

Seriously though guys, Ike weren't no joke!!!!! I know, you hear it was a CAT 2 hurricane and think no big deal. But this guy showed up and whipped up on us but good. Most members of the corps have checked in and we are all ok. Most still without power. But we are from Texas, we will be fine.

you have no idea

(only saying that because of my brother who is a bit of a hurricane himself in the sense he is destructive) :tongue:

Just watch me...I mean it.

Look at Floyd. Easy going name, yet most north easterners remember that well.