3- Blue Devils -always great

4- Phantom -can not recreate 08 impossible

5-Crown -peaked

6-SCV-could be over crown

7- Blue Knights -better have a better program

8-Bluecoats-lost staff

9-Boston-usually good.????

10-Crossmen -new perc. staff a plus

11-Blue Stars-back to reality but still in.

12-Glassmen-??????

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of the talk of BOLD predictions, most of these seem fairly pedestrian. Here's my BOLD predictions:

1. Santa Clara Vanguard - after toiling in purgatory these last few years, SCV's Clue is a crowd pleaser that is performed at a high level. People will be talking for years about the three different endings!

2. Carolina Crown - Brass, brass, brass. Carolina Crown beats SCV most of the season, but can't quite get over the hump.

3. Phantom Regiment - Because they won the year before, PR pushes the envelope, and while crowd pleasing for the innovations they bring to the field, the judges don't quite get the "scalene triangle" effect PR is going for. This will be controversial as some people will hail the show as the "best ever performed on a field".

4. Bluecoats - Bloooo is rising again. After a two year hiatus from the top four, they are back with a blistering rendition of Autumn Leaves

5. Holy Name Cadets - The music of Bernstein is a crowd pleaser, but this year's competition is just too steep.

6. The Academy - They make the surprising leap with precision and moxy (yes, I said moxy). The crowds are surprised, but the kids in the desert learned their lesson in 2008 and perform the heck out of their simpler, cleaner show.

7. Madison Scouts - Regaining their form, the Madison Scouts bring back Maleguena and Slaughter, basically redoing their championship performance of 1988. With killer sops and a hot cymbal line, they bring the crowd to its feet.

8. Colts - The Colts learned in 2008 what works and what doesn't. While crowds seemed to like their 2008 show, the judges didn't. Look for some new uniforms and a riskier show.

9. Blue Devils - While most fans are shocked that BD falls to ninth, the corps understands that the mass defection after their narrow loss to PR in 2008 is tantamount to starting over. Instructors are ecstatic the corps places this high.

10. Troopers - America's Core (sic) will not be denied. Steadily moving up the last couple years, they are able to field the largest corps ever seen in Wyoming and peel the faces off of fans standing too close to the field during a screaming rendition of "Ghostriders". The Troop is BACK!

11. Blue Stars - After 2008's "Tour" show, the Blue Stars are convinced they should follow it up with something much more dramatic...DRACULA! While performed cleanly, no one really understands why they really have to bring a coffin onto the field.

12. Teal Sound - The crowd is shocked as the Cavaliers are edged out of the top 12 by the new kids on the block. Teal's massive corps along with a crowd pleasing company front push finale is too much for the Cavaliers and their sound-effect laden "Traffic" show.

--------

13. Cavaliers - 12th going into finals: Although still a crowd pleaser, the Cavaliers take sound effects to a whole new level with their show about going to work in "Traffic". While they break new ground in drum corps while having all the brass run into each other and cause a massive pileup reminiscent of Los Angelas rush hour, the judges can't quite get into Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive 55" arranged for drum and bugle corps.

Now thats what this topic was all about! :D haha some very bold predictions but some of them I don't feel are to bad of predictions. . Maybe change a few of them a couple places. But still. . . great bold predictons! :)

Now thats what this topic was all about! :D haha some very bold predictions but some of them I don't feel are to bad of predictions. . Maybe change a few of them a couple places. But still. . . great bold predictons! :)

very entertaining

I'm too lazy to throw in reasons, so sorry. Not very bold choices either, but oh well. So sorry.

1. Cavaliers

2. Phantom Regiment

3. Cadets

4. Blue Devils (though I really REALLY want to place them higher)

5. Santa Clara

6. Carolina Crown

7. Bluecoats

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue Stars

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Madison Scouts

12. Crossmen

13. Glassmen

14. Spirit

15. Colts

16. Troopers

17. Mandarins

18. Pacific Crest, barely beaten out by the Mandarins

19. Academy

20. Southwind

21. Jersey Surf (is that the open class coming up? Well, whoever it is that's who I meant to put).

22. Pioneer

1-Holy Name , tradition back

2-Cavaliers , new brass arranger a plus

3- Blue Devils -always great

4- Phantom -can not recreate 08 impossible

5-Crown -peaked

6-SCV-could be over crown

7- Blue Knights -better have a better program

8-Bluecoats-lost staff

9-Boston-usually good.????

10-Crossmen -new perc. staff a plus

11-Blue Stars-back to reality but still in.

12-Glassmen-??????

The Crossmen hired Bluecoats drum staff ? :thumbup:

That was a top 3 line. :shutup: