Military Server or Straight Civilian?

Military Service or Civilian?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which were you?

• Prior or current Military Service
    • Civilian

Why not Minot??

(I KNOW you know the response!!)

Just think....if teh Dakotas has seceeded while you were in, you would've been the world's 3rd largest nucelar power!!

believe it or not,i cant remember the response. i was security police,missile security,at minot.chasing jack rabbits off the sites,after they tripped the alarms.the temp was 50 to 75 BELOW zero!! huey went down one time while transporting security police to the L.F. i lost three friends that day.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

believe it or not,i cant remember the response.

"Freezin's the reason!"

You may now :thumbup: !

i was security police,missile security,at minot.chasing jack rabbits off the sites,after they tripped the alarms.the temp was 50 to 75 BELOW zero!!

Heh....we used to say the smart ones in SP got out and went to a different career field. The ones at Griffiss were sometimes pretty brain dead.

huey went down one time while transporting security police to the L.F. i lost three friends that day.

Oh man...I'm sorry. That's nasty.

We had an incident at Griffiss that my roommate (and later Best Man) was barely involved with.

Maintenance guys were checking inflation on an aircraft tire and didn't have it in the safety cage....then the tire exploded and killed 2 people....my roommate had delivered the tire to themaintenance shop.

"Freezin's the reason!"

You may now :thumbup:

Heh....we used to say the smart ones in SP got out and went to a different career field. The ones at Griffiss were sometimes pretty brain dead.

Oh man...I'm sorry. That's nasty.

We had an incident at Griffiss that my roommate (and later Best Man) was barely involved with.

Maintenance guys were checking inflation on an aircraft tire and didn't have it in the safety cage....then the tire exploded and killed 2 people....my roommate had delivered the tire to themaintenance shop.

oh yeah.........NOW i remember!

Air Force - 22 1/2 years active duty/retired

1981-1982 - Keeler AFB Biloxi MS

1982-1985 - Offutt AFB, Omaha NE

1985-1988 - Camp Smith Marine Corp Station, Honolulu HI

1988-1992 - Offutt AFB, Omaha NE

1992-1994 - San Vito Air Station, San Vito Italy

1994-1999 - Falcon/Schriever AFB and Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado Springs CO

1999-2003 - Peterson AFB, Colorado Springs CO

Retired in 2003

17 years in the intelligence community, 4 years in communications

Edited by devsabre

1981-1982 - Keeler AFB Biloxi MS

You are only other person on teh board I remember who was in the Keesler corps!!

Were you dubbed a Blue Knight, or did they not have that tradition when you were in? I think I was one of the last ones...they wanted to drop it forsome reason.

No military service here.... but I salute all of you who have served or are serving now. :thumbup:

Fran

Spent 27.5 active years with the US Army (1976 - 2003).

2 tours at Ft. Bragg, NC (jumped out of a few perfectly good airplanes)

1 tour in Germany (10 in years; 6 of which as an Atomic Demolition technician - a real blast!)

1 tour in S. Korea (5.5 years- customs like you've never seen!)

Finally retired in 2003 and I continued my service as a government civilian, first with the Navy and now the Air Force. The Marines may have to wait!

I'm having an absolute blast since getting back in Drum Corps. It's like the fountain of youth!