Are you used to it yet?

Its my freaking opinion, and he had to be a jerk and try to twist my words to make me feel bad about September 11th. That is so inappropriate its not even funny.

And I agree...I think when most people get their dvds they will understand that BD should have won. Yeah, Phantom was really entertaining. They had a great hornline and great drums, but their performance didn't quite match up with anything BD did, except for drums. When you watch the show, do you really think "Now THAT is championship caliber drill" or "Now THAT is something people will remember forever?" About the only section people will talk about in that show is the deaths, mainly the one at the end. I mean, it was a great show, but BD was clearly a notch ahead of Regiment in terms of performance. Look, I LOVE Regiment, and they are definitely my favorite drum corps. That has nothing to do with the fact that I didn't think they deserved to win Saturday night. Most people will, when they get the dvds, realize that although they really WANTED Regiment to win because they're tired of BD winning, that The Devils really did deserve that trophy more so than Regiment. Great drum corps, but I've seen that show many times since on the unnamed site, and I don't think "Wow, now THAT is impressive" on much of the show. I watch the Devils' freaking ridiculous marching, and amazing colorguard, and I think "Now that #### is clean!!!"

Sorry that Michael Boo had to try and make me look like a jerk because he's the biggest Phan in history, besides Chaos001. Sorry to disappoint you, Phans, but I just don't think the show is that great. Definitely not nearly as CLEAN as the Devils. I think the only reason Regiment won is because everyone WANTED them to win, not because they DESERVED to.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ You are arguing a lost cause, kinda like arguing for 93 Star, as I know well. :thumbup: Accept the scores and just say that you enjoyed BD's show the most in 2008.

We all have the right to our opinions. I do feel, however, that most would disagree with you.

Yes, PR should have won. I think that, by the crowd response, it is easy to see that those of us who actually viewed the live finals performances resoundingly agreed with the judges.

You have the right to your opinion, and yes, BD may have been cleaner from a performance standpoint, but that is not the final criteria for the winner...it is a component. General Effect is a large part of the final score, and PR obviously had the advantage in that catagory on finals night, and BD did not compare to PR in brass, and certainly not in percussion (nobody was in the same hemisphere).

BD rocks...congrats on another amazing year. But stop trying to knock PR when they eaked out the tough win against some amazing competition. Trying at this point to say BD got screwed, well quite frankly... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well, I'll give you PR had a better hornline and drumline than BD. But I also think there were 1 or 2 better hornlines better than Regiment.

mahler, whenever you say anything bad about another corps, no matter how true or trivial, expect that corps fans to be on you like a fat kid on a cupcake. that's how DCP works. you'll get used to it after reading thousands of posts by people up in arms because they took something the wrong way or simply don't agree with someone else or whatever their excuse.

it becomes pretty entertaining after a while. i haven't seen phantom's or BD's show this year cause i never cared enough to go back into the stands, so i don't even know what yall are talking about, but it's fun to watch everyone bicker about nothing. man i love this place.

...Sorry that Michael Boo had to try and make me look like a jerk because he's the biggest Phan in history, besides Chaos001.

Me being the biggest Phan in history would come as big news to the numbers of Phans who sent me irate e-mails last year because they disagreed with some wordings in my recaps analyses.

I did not try to make you look like a jerk and I thought I clarified that after your initial response. I'm sorry if that wasn't adequate.

Us Cavaliers alums are rarely mistaken for the biggest Phans, but hey...

I hope that my volume of writings over the years demonstrates that I'm a huge fan of ALL corps.

Just last year, I asked to be assigned to the Blue Devils anniversary bash so I could cover it. This coming after I spent a few days writing the extensive liner notes for the corps' retrospective DVD project that covered every year from 1974 through 1999. I not only volunteered to do that, I contributed my time for free. And after the article I did on BD and the Marines at Pasadena, I was asked if I was a BD wonk. And you are apparently unaware that I filmed episodes each of the past two seasons for Blue Devils' website during the World Championships...the ONLY corps I've done that for.

And I still believe that Blue Devils' magnificent show not winning was not a travesty, which is what I was responding to originally with the comparison I've attempted to refine for your approval.

I love all corps and I'll always be proud of that.

Sorry that Michael Boo had to try and make me look like a jerk because he's the biggest Phan in history, besides Chaos001. Sorry to disappoint you, Phans, but I just don't think the show is that great. Definitely not nearly as CLEAN as the Devils. I think the only reason Regiment won is because everyone WANTED them to win, not because they DESERVED to.

You didn't need any help from Michael Boo.

It doesn't disappoint me that you don't think the show is that great. The same system of judging that has helped the Devils to twelve titles made the decision, and ultimately, we all have our opinion, and the right to express it, but it's their collective opinion and decision that matters.

Thanks to the Devils alumni that are objective enough to understand that.

Perhaps if you came on and simply said "to me, the show wasn't that great," or "Devils outperformed them," there wouldn't be so much reaction. But your approach in your initial posts didn't just give an opinion - they were in a derogatory mode - and there's no need to that towards any of the corps.

ok who will agree with me. I'm pretty sure I am unbiased, as I marched in one of the other big dogs (who's show I hated this year so dont look at the banners in my sig, they arent there :p ) and competed with both of these corps.

Blue Devils were hands down better than PR in Vis. Feet, vis ensemble, and guard.

Phantom was hands down better than BD in drums, music ensemble and GE which was not even close, and keep in mind GE has the most worth in the scoring system. I don't remember how scores went for GE but my honest feeling is that BD couldnt touch PR in music GE and should have been close with vis GE. Dev's drill was better, but pr's show...if you saw it you understand the visual GE.

Brass can go either way depending on your preference, I prefered Regiments sound this year, but BD won it which is fine.

so vis/guard vs GE, ensemble music and drums

sorry GE and music wins

therefor, PR deserved the win, is any of that completely out of line? don't think so, thats how I see it, and that's how most people I know (instructors, members in other corps, designers....) see it as well. Phantom was better, not by much, but they were. not only that but I will say that I thought they should have won semi's hands down, and maybe quarters.

for the people who said the people around you all thought BD had a better show/should have won... REALLY?? REALLY?? wow... that's amazing, but cool i guess...

Well, I'll give you PR had a better hornline and drumline than BD. But I also think there were 1 or 2 better hornlines better than Regiment.

Well stated. There were at least 1 or 2 hornlines that were right there with Regiment, if not better. There were some monsters on that field this year. I can only hope all corps continue to strive towards that level. What a treat for we the fans if they do! :thumbup: