The funniest moment in DCI?

I tell ya, I just saw 88 VK the other day and that D### Bull is so funny I had forgotten how funny! Anyway, that's my pick.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funniest thing I can think of is the Freelancers in '91. About halfway through there show, A short little trumpet screamer actually puts his elbows on the arms of a contra and baritone player, and plays a screaming solo. I nearly #### myself when I first saw that.

Fat lady getting eaten by the Shark...

or... Jersey Surf marching in Elvis costumes in 2004

Back to the original fun corps, the one that VK copied all those years, the BRIDGEMEN. Everyone falls at the end of the show. Imitated by many over the years, but the original is the only true funny one.

- Bridgemen: all

- Velvet Knights: all (extra for 92)

- Shout outs during Blue Devils shows "I'M WET" and all

- Phantom Regiment pooping on Blue Devils at finals

- Blue Devils show this year was actually pretty funny in an entertaining way

- Phantom getting on the field this year

- Cadets 2006-present (see because it's a joke) *nothing against performers, just organization...gosh*

- Watching staff in any given show on the side line jumping up and down

Fat lady getting eaten by the Shark...

or... Jersey Surf marching in Elvis costumes in 2004

The shark "attack." Oh, absolutely.

The same Jersey Surf show at the end where the drum major spun the wheel to select if they should take a penalty and storm the stands, and then he "corrected" the wheel to go for the big push.

Everyone falls at the end of the show.

Or the year they did a football game at the end of the show. There was a break after their performance so they would not get hit with a penalty. Funny part was PBS didn't know if they should cut away for a pledge break or if this was still part of the show. The local guy was looking at a screen with the DCI feed and you could see him thinking "Well are they done or not?".

2008 Bridgemen Alumni at DCA finishes the show with "William Tell Overture". My first thought is the "faint". :tongue:

Funniest thing I can think of is the Freelancers in '91. About halfway through there show, A short little trumpet screamer actually puts his elbows on the arms of a contra and baritone player, and plays a screaming solo. I nearly #### myself when I first saw that.

Though it was a piccolo trumpet...that section(and show) is ridiculously awesome.

Just as long as we're on the same show, the drum major for the 1991 Freelancers cracked me up a few times.