Chris Kilian named Bushwacker Brass Caption Head

The 6 time DCA World Champion Bushwackers Drum and Bugle Corps is thrilled to announce the appointment of Chris Kilian to the position of brass caption head. A twelve year veteran of the corps, Chris is excited to take the reigns and help to continue the tradition of excellence and quality that are trademarks of the "Bush Brass" approach.

Chris began his tenure with the Bushwackers in 1996 and remained as a marching member, drum major, staff member, and administrator through the 2007 season. He was the assistant brass caption head in 2006, the year the corps brought home the High Brass award at the DCA World Championships. Chris was the program coordinator and brass arranger for the Fusion Core Drum and Bugle Corps in 2008, helping the corps advance to the Class A finals in only their second year of existence. He is looking forward to coming back and teaching the drum corps he conducted as drum major for 9 years...the Bushwackers.

"I'm thrilled to be coming home as the new brass caption head of the Bushwackers," said Chris. "I'm looking forward to jumping in head first at the brass clinic on September 28th and getting down to the business of building a championship caliber brass section and drum corps. I've learned a lot from the great brass teachers we’ve had at Bush, and I can't wait to bring that knowledge as well as some serious energy and fire to the corps."

Outside of drum corps, Chris is an active freelance music arranger, instructor, and clinician for drum majors and other student leaders. He studied composition at West Chester University and is both a brother of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia and an Eagle Scout.

As always, please visit http://www.bushwackers.org for any and all information about the Bushwackers.

Edited by The Bushwackers

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

full circle huh? not entirely surprised. cant do anything but make the competition better in '09. having a man with a heart for the organization in such a position will assure you true devotion to duty. best wishes to all for a successful future.

Holy cow!!! Way to go, Chris!!! :laugh:

Wow. If you know Chris Kilian, you know how intense he is, and extremely talented. The current Bushwackers, as well as any new people that are coming into the brass line this season are in for something incredibly special.

All I'm going to say is that it's about ###### time!

Way to go, Chris. I'd say the past few weeks have been pretty darn good for you!

Congrats, Chris.... great move by the Bushwackers!

Fran

Wow Chris,

Congrats on yet another role for you in the pursuit and enjoyment of “good drum corps”!

You helped lead Fusion to a great season for 2008 and brought some serious intensity, experience, and spirit to our little engine that goes out to just freakin’ DOIT as we like to say.

Best to you for ’09 and beyond. And I love the no bridges burned rep you have out there!

Don

Thanks, everyone. Matt & Don, thank you especially. You know I love you guys and I really enjoyed my time working with y'all.

I am humbled to follow in the footsteps of great instructors like Mr. Argul, Mr. Exley, and the many other talented "Bush Brass" staff we've had over the years. This is drum corps Christmas for me...but it's not about me. It's about being a part of continuing a tradition of Quality, and building the championship caliber-type horn line that people expect out of the Bushwackers.

2009 is here, and I hope a lot of you decide to check us out and spend your time in magenta and blue this summer. I can promise my somewhat twisted sense of humor, exceptional instruction from the staff I'm assembling, a killer show, and the most fun you can have working your butt off this side of "Sweatin' to the Oldies".