Hurricanes hire Michael Klesch as Brass Arranger

that staff is CAT 5 for sure... :inlove: ....storm warning flags flying high !!!!!!!!!

Fish,

This is one of those "Fasten your seat belts" announcements. I have a feeling it's going to be a short and pleasant winter in the Naugatuck Valley.

You want an omen? I got a weather update at my company (an airline) warning of a possible Hurricane hitting New England as soon as next week. No lie. Something's up.

Ya know, with all this stormy weather, a certain pirate vessel could start taking on water any day now, huh?

Lemme know when you're going to a rehearsal. I'm going to have to make a trip down to check this out. (Should be a decent tailwind driving down, anyway. Coming back, who cares?

Remind me not to bring a mouthpiece. My wife would kill me if I came home with a hat box and music. Really she would. (Although I have been practicing every day for about a year... shame to let it go to waste... right now any marching staff member reading this is burying his eyes in his hands..."No, dear god, not him!!!)

Ray

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hurricanes are excited about the announcement. Stayed tuned for more information about the location of the open house on December 7th.

Fish,

This is one of those "Fasten your seat belts" announcements. I have a feeling it's going to be a short and pleasant winter in the Naugatuck Valley.

You want an omen? I got a weather update at my company (an airline) warning of a possible Hurricane hitting New England as soon as next week. No lie. Something's up.

Ya know, with all this stormy weather, a certain pirate vessel could start taking on water any day now, huh?

Lemme know when you're going to a rehearsal. I'm going to have to make a trip down to check this out. (Should be a decent tailwind driving down, anyway. Coming back, who cares?

Remind me not to bring a mouthpiece. My wife would kill me if I came home with a hat box and music. Really she would. (Although I have been practicing every day for about a year... shame to let it go to waste... right now any marching staff member reading this is burying his eyes in his hands..."No, dear god, not him!!!)

Ray

the marching part is not that hard ray ! ..it's left-right-left-right-left-right-left-etc.

Not only is Mike Klesch loaded with musical talent - he's one of the classiest staff members I've ever had the priviledge to work with. Congrats to Hurcs for a great addition to the team.

If I recall correctly Mr. Klesch has also arranged for the Phantom Regiment in the years between Jim Wren and JD Shaw. I've always enjoyed his arrangements, and am looking forward to hearing the Hurcs in 2009!

the marching part is not that hard ray ! ..it's left-right-left-right-left-right-left-etc.

John, remember who you're talking to here. I have the only feet in the activity that do paradiddles. RLRR LRLL, etc. It ain't pretty...Plus I always loved to close my eyes when I play. Not good for holding the form.

Not only is Mike Klesch loaded with musical talent - he's one of the classiest staff members I've ever had the priviledge to work with. Congrats to Hurcs for a great addition to the team.

Well, he's no Joe Genero, but who is... (private joke between Tom and me, if anyone's wondering)

These Hurc developments are going to provide you lots of grist for your PR machine this coming year, Mr. Peashey. As if 2008 didn't have enough drama! I see a five or six (or seven) way race all summer that's going to keep folks on the edges of their seats. Plus a newly resurgent Sun, back on Long Island that should get folks talking as well.

A Public Relations Dream served up to you on a silver platter. Good to be you, huh?

Edited by rayfallon

Please stay tuned for the announcement of the open house. Many more wonderful things are happening. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Fall. Get rested for the exciting upcoming season.

2008 Season marks a season for the hurricanes that was a long time in the making. Now with addition of Michael Klesch, this is going to be amazing.

2009, is going to be great. the end of 2008 season, not a single person predicted it would end the way it did, especially finals. 2009, all of the corps, especially the hurricanes look like they are going to make it even more exciting and unpredictable.