Indiana Jones Theme Contest

I dont think I can handle listening to the theme music. It will just bring up the memories of how awful that movie was (the new one) :withstupid:

I can't handle hearing that theme any more either ... They really "nuked the fridge" this time.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bands were just picked based on their skill or talent level, because there are some really good bands that are not in the competition. Another factor that went into choosing the bands is how well their football was expected to do, to an extent.

The bands were just picked based on their skill or talent level, because there are some really good bands that are not in the competition. Another factor that went into choosing the bands is how well their football was expected to do, to an extent.

Which is why this isn't really completely accurate. If they really wanted the best college bands, FSU, Michigan, and possibly O State should have been up there as well. Oh well, lolz ESPN. :withstupid:

Firstly, they never said this was a competition of the best bands in America, they said this was a competition of bands from the pre-season top 10. Secondly, I don't think you can say FSU, Michigan, or Ohio State is significantly better than any of these bands except maybe USC and Clemson.

Firstly, they never said this was a competition of the best bands in America, they said this was a competition of bands from the pre-season top 10. Secondly, I don't think you can say FSU, Michigan, or Ohio State is significantly better than any of these bands except maybe USC and Clemson.

I agree with you as far as FSU is concerned. However I must respectfully disagree with your assesment of the Michigan Marching Band and The Ohio State University marching band (TBDBITL/Pride of the Buckeyes). Bellow are the best videos on youtube I could find. Unfortunately there are too many bad stadium footage floating around.

The Michigan Marching Band:

John Williams Medley (includes Indiana Jones)-

Salvation is Created-

'TBDBITL' The Ohio State University Marching Band:

Eternal Father-

and don't forget this great college band...

Marching Illini, The University of Illinois:

'Loud Song' (arrangement of several big band tubes)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsefd3kxx9Y

BTW...I voted for Texas

Edited by Penn State

I agree with you as far as FSU is concerned. However I must respectfully disagree with your assesment of the Michigan Marching Band and The Ohio State University marching band (TBDBITL/Pride of the Buckeyes). Bellow are the best videos on youtube I could find. Unfortunately there are too many bad stadium footage floating around.

The Michigan Marching Band:

John Williams Medley (includes Indiana Jones)-

Salvation is Created-

'TBDBITL' The Ohio State University Marching Band:

Eternal Father-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsxVAcg2anQ

and don't forget this great college band...

Marching Illini, The University of Illinois:

'Loud Song' (arrangement of several big band tubes)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsefd3kxx9Y

BTW...I voted for Texas

College bands play 4-7 shows a year, depending on a variety of factors, one band might seem "better" than the other...Also, a lot of people consider bands who high step to be better than bands who roll step. Just a personal preference. I'd rather listen to UGA, LSU, or BAMA play any day over Ohio State

BUMP!!

Everybody keep voting until this Friday and watch College Gameday from 9am-11am Central on Saturday to see who wins.

i wonder how long it took them to tape an individuals band performance. on florida, there are spots where there are shadows and bright sun but when the camera changes, there is no sun and no shadow.