Indiana Jones Theme Contest

UGA has a former Madison Scout, a former Garfield Cadet, and a former Phantom Regiment member as directors (Mike Robinson, Gregg Gausline, and Nick Pilato). Plus I've heard they have a ton of kids who marched this year, including the Phantom Regiment drum major who was "killed." I'm pretty sure they have a few Crown members, and I would assume they have Spirit members as well. They're pretty big...saw them at the South Carolina game, have to be at least 400 members.

But why would you want to vote for an ugly dog when you can vote for a handsome Gator? :tongue:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for whatever reason the Million Dollar Band didn't choose to do this. :inlove:

Oh well, as long as Auburn doesn't win! :tongue:

Bama didn't do it because their football team wasn't in the top 10 in the preseason poll. They invited the bands from the top 10 to compete. Seven of the 10 did. I can't wait to see the full videos of all the bands.

Geaux Tigers!

Bama didn't do it because their football team wasn't in the top 10 in the preseason poll. They invited the bands from the top 10 to compete. Seven of the 10 did. I can't wait to see the full videos of all the bands.

Geaux Tigers!

:inlove:

And for whatever reason the Million Dollar Band didn't choose to do this. :inlove:

Oh well, as long as Auburn doesn't win! :tongue:

Because it had to be a half decent band :worthy:

I kid, I kid. :devil: I know we've only got 4 corps kids: Me, another mello from BAC, trumpet from Spirit, and pit (marimba?) from SCV

WAR EAGLE! :tongue:

UGA has a former Madison Scout, a former Garfield Cadet, and a former Phantom Regiment member as directors (Mike Robinson, Gregg Gausline, and Nick Pilato). Plus I've heard they have a ton of kids who marched this year, including the Phantom Regiment drum major who was "killed." I'm pretty sure they have a few Crown members, and I would assume they have Spirit members as well. They're pretty big...saw them at the South Carolina game, have to be at least 400 members.

But why would you want to vote for an ugly dog when you can vote for a handsome Gator? :inlove:

The drum major that did the killing is in Tiger Band at LSU, as well as a few people from a number of other corps.

FSU and Michigan should have been on the list. I was kinda surprised when my school, UF, made the list. Oh well, I'm not complaining :inlove:

please vote university of texas!!!!!!

im a famous drum corps person associated with this band :laughing: ok not really but i marched and attend this school

and we could use a few votes right now lol

no thanks...I kinda have this thing against tassles :ph34r:

So, is there an award for nuking the fridge at some point during the theme song?

Nah I doubt it, but there really should be one for using fire... (see Longhorn Band video when it is posted on Monday :laughing: )

For those of you who don't know, each band actually had to compose their own arrangement of the Indiana Jones theme, so there will be 7 different arrangements. Everybody basically had a week and a half to two weeks to prepare for it after finding out about the contest, from arranging the music to rehearsing and performing it. Be listening for a couple of John Williams and University of Texas references in the last 10 seconds of the Longhorn Band's arrangement...

Good luck to all the bands, and PLEASE VOTE LONGHORN BAND once a day next week!! Many thanks to those that do!!

EDIT: On a side note, the arranger of Longhorn Band's version of Indiana Jones marched BAC from 1999-2002 and was on the Kiwanis Kavaliers staff in 2003.

Edited by LHBTrombone

Nah I doubt it, but there really should be one for using fire... (see Longhorn Band video when it is posted on Monday :laughing: )

For those of you who don't know, each band actually had to compose their own arrangement of the Indiana Jones theme, so there will be 7 different arrangements. Everybody basically had a week and a half to two weeks to prepare for it after finding out about the contest, from arranging the music to rehearsing and performing it. Be listening for a couple of John Williams and University of Texas references in the last 10 seconds of the Longhorn Band's arrangement...

Good luck to all the bands, and PLEASE VOTE LONGHORN BAND once a day next week!! Many thanks to those that do!!

EDIT: On a side note, the arranger of Longhorn Band's version of Indiana Jones marched BAC from 1999-2002 and was on the Kiwanis Kavaliers staff in 2003.

Actually, according to my buddy down at UF, that's not true.

Each band was given USC's arrangement of "Raiders," (by someone named T. Fox) and they were ALL supposed to play it...they were very clear about those rules. So...what you're saying is that Texas broke the rules and did their own arrangement?

Interesting.