Looks like things are already starting...

After a surprising DCA (or a not-so surprising DCA depending on how you look at it), local corps seem to have been taking some action to "make things better."

I hear from my good friends at Cru that the staff is dumping Paul Rennick as drum arranger and replacing him with Rick Rogers, a local guy for those of you who don't know who he is. He's worked with Cru, Grennies, and White Sabers.

On the other side of the fence, my friends at Statesmen tell me that they dumped Collin McNutt for local arranger Teddi Mascari. For those that don't know who he is, he arranges for Victor High School and has been around Statesmen for a while recruiting and whatnot.

Down the thruway, I hear from my friends at the Brigadiers that they have dumped the Blue Devils arrangers and now have some guy named Pete Blake (who the heck is this?) to arrange the horn book. I've heard that he was a soprano player, the caption head for the past few years, and it's his first year arranging for drum corps. Seems like the days of the big arrangers have ended.

(Looks like the local arrangers have their work cut out for them, big shoes to fill.)

Looks like that even further down the thruway, Cabs are retaining Gary Gill for arranger but not caption. His replacement seems very worthy to fill his shoes.

Reading looks to have the least amount of changes and hey, why should they change? 5 looks likely...

Any thoughts?

Looks like that even further down the thruway, Cabs are retaining Gary Gill for arranger but not caption. His replacement seems very worthy to fill his shoes.

Any thoughts?

All I have to say is. Terry is more than Worthy. Terry & Gary could be Twins in a way.(brothers if you will ) Terry is Gary's right left hand arm foot Man. One of the unseen/heard of people behind our Great DL's.

So no worries the DL will still be throwing it down like they do. Because it really is not a replacement per say. Just one way of giving a guy his just deserves as the other moves up. (thats what friends/family do for one another)

Gary is still here doing alot of things as Staff Coordinator. :worthy:

p.s. it is also ok that they are Eagle and Cowboy Fans we still love'em..

Oh November 30th Open house American Legion Post 199 Hawthorne NJ 12pm (yep I am plugging)

Wishing everyone the best in the off season & in 09.

makes sense to have the arranger in house. Rick's back? awesome! teddy's writing...finally!

TB is caption head...awesome. my first captain and a great guy.

Down the thruway, I hear from my friends at the Brigadiers that they have dumped the Blue Devils arrangers and now have some guy named Pete Blake (who the heck is this?) to arrange the horn book. I've heard that he was a soprano player, the caption head for the past few years, and it's his first year arranging for drum corps. Seems like the days of the big arrangers have ended.

(Looks like the local arrangers have their work cut out for them, big shoes to fill.)

Any thoughts?

Well, I'm guessing this was done with 'tongue in cheek".......

Pete's a great brass instructor and, while I am not familiar yet with his arranging, I can bet he will be a great fit for a line he has put together the last several years. That is an advantage in and of itself, knowing exactly for whom/what you are arranging and the strengths and weaknesses of your line.

Plus, you gotta take it easy on the guy.........I mean, today's his birthday!

:worthy:

So this is all rumor then or has the corps posted this on their websites? Official word from the directors? As of now it's all hearsay.

Reading looks to have the least amount of changes and hey, why should they change? 5 looks likely...

Any thoughts?

I think some folks may get their panties in a bunch over that "5 looks likely" comment. Not I of course, but some folks. Also, it's always a good thing to have staff that can be with the corps during the season as opposed to some "name" arranger who mails it in....cheaper too!!

So this is all rumor then or has the corps posted this on their websites? Official word from the directors? As of now it's all hearsay.

I know that this has been announced by the Cabs and Bucs... Haven't seen the others...

Having the arranger "in house" was the norm up until corps management THOUGHT that having the big DCI names on their staff would be better for some reason.

Donny