Jersey Surf goes world

Here's wishing the folks at Surf nothing but success and great times ahead. I've truly enjoyed your creativity and humor over the years. You've kept the fun in the activity for the kids but never lost the opportunity to pass along the life skills.

You are a fantastic addition to the World Class Corps and I anxiously await your '09 show.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, Jersey Surf. I'm trying out for this corp this year, and it'd be nice to march in the World Class corp for my first Drum Corp experience.

In the article on dci.org, it says Surf will continue to use the same touring model as they have in the past

Hmmm... I wonder where are all the regional tour boo birds are that kept slamming Academy and PC?

they will probably be out if Surf marks time at holds and gets a free pass into 10th at San Antonio. Just my guess though.

In the article on dci.org, it says Surf will continue to use the same touring model as they have in the past

they will probably be out if Surf marks time at holds and gets a free pass into 10th at San Antonio. Just my guess though.

Wow. That's pretty negative.

Has there been anything posted about their plans for the future, other than the press release from DCI (a similar version of which is on their own web site)?

loltdk939914.gif

Edited by sobe

Just curious! Does the amount of shows performed reflect on the world class corps overall placement come championships? If so, how will that effect JS if they are only going to compete on weekends? Or will they be making all the regional competitions?

Just curious! Does the amount of shows performed reflect on the world class corps overall placement come championships? If so, how will that effect JS if they are only going to compete on weekends? Or will they be making all the regional competitions?

Well if they continue their touring model I would expect San Antonio might be a stratch for them to get to, but they will definately be in allentown and probably Atlanta as well.

So I don't think it will hurt them too much since some of the other regional corps don't always go to all three of the regionals.