Fusion Core Announes 2009 Brass Staff

Fusion announces the return of Ed Bopp as Staff Coordinator/Assistant Director. With that being said, we are pleased to announce the Brass Caption Head and Instructional Staff for the 2009 season. In keeping with the standards set for the brass ensemble during our first two years we have the following...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...5&Itemid=29

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the addition of Mr. Martin to the current staff, it's going to be an even GREATER year. For those of you who know Mr. Martin, you KNOW what he can do with a hornline. I'm very, VERY honored that he is going to be coming on board with Fusion. He's not only a magnificent horn player, teacher, technician, he's an unbelievable guy and we're thrilled to have him be a part of 2009 Fusion.

If you've never had the chance to play in a line that Mr. T has been a part of, nows your chance!!! You'll be forever glad you did!!

Edited by hardcoremello

Everybody, CHECK YOUR MOUTHPIECES!!!!!!!!!!!!
??????????????

Mr. Martin is huge on "what kind of mouthpiece" your playing on. I know that he's all about mellophones playing on the same mouthpiece and it's something that I completely agree with. I know that last year, the mellos all had the same mouthpiece and everyone was thrilled. Now the mouthpiece was cool looking and not to take away from the mouthpiece, but I think we sounded good (HA, LISTEN TO ME GIVING THE MELLOS PROPS!!) not because of "the" mouthpiece necessarily, but because we were all on the SAME mouthpiece. We had one member on a FH MP, two on Trumpet mouthpieces and two on mellophone MPs, so I was thrilled when we all finally played on the same.

Holly and Ralph,

I wish you another great season in 2009! You have started to assemble another fantastic staff for this season, as you did last year. It has truly been fun to watch this thing grow and do so well! Congrats and best of luck!

Thanks so much Art. It's been really something to watch the growth. It's like watching your baby grow!!!

Anyone that doesnt think that they can learn something from a HALL OF FAME member like Tommy Martin must be pretty darn good.

I wouldnt turn down anything he has to say to me...and I know that a guy named Frank from Long Island would agree.

Donny