What Do Kids Buy While On Tour?

Depends on the corps and also what you play. For the most part, long haired males have to cut it off. I had a pony tail for two years of DCI, but when I moved onto my final corps, they let me know during my first audition I'd have to cut it off if I made the corps. I'm glad I did in the end. Tour is MUCH easier with less hair... trust me.
Oh, I know it would be easier. Mainly performance. *At the gate, shakos off* "SHAKOS ON" (as we're going onto the field) "QUICK, HOLD MY HORN" *quickly, sloppily stuff hair into hat* *take horn back by the time you get anywhere near the gate* *march on as if nothing happened*

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAH.. the guy in front of me in line tried to pay with a fake $5 bill, not even kiddding...

My seat partner bought these at that gas station..hahahaha

rapppy.jpg

HAHA I forgot about those rap snacks. Our bus had some too, lol. That gas station was insane. I never got in because the guy kept locking it.

Don't forget about the money you'll have to spend on their stuff before tour. I had barely anything that was on our list of supplies for tour, so I had to spend a ton on things that I would eventually need. i.e. Shorts, white t-shirts, extra rehearsal shoes, horn polish, extra black towel (for horns), shower supplies and shoes, DCT (hornplayers), underarmor shorts and shirts (for under the uni at shows), hair gel and pins (for female "show hair," etc. I would also suggest stocking up with an ace bandage or two, Icy Hot patches, and stuff like which could help any possible injuries that may occur to heal faster because I know how much it sucks sitting on the sidelines during All-Days. Other than that, I think most of everything has been covered by previous posts. Good luck to your kids.

biggest investment is something to wear on your feet in the shower. some of the places corps will be housing are disgusting.

Not necessarily. All you need is a pair of cheap sandals that won't fall apart. I found mine at a dollar store. Lasted all summer. My feet didn't get nasty and they pack real well in your suitcase.

I'm surprised no one said this: A POWER STRIP!!!!! You're kid's gonna have an iPod and a phone on tour (I also brought a Nintendo DS), and with everyone bringing their own electronics it's necessary to make new plugs.

So bringing cell phones/iPods isn't rare? I've never seen them mentioned so I wasn't sure. Do you need the car charger, or will the wall charger be fine (Or does it change depending on where you go/what buses you get)

So bringing cell phones/iPods isn't rare? I've never seen them mentioned so I wasn't sure. Do you need the car charger, or will the wall charger be fine (Or does it change depending on where you go/what buses you get)

i've heard you have to be very careful with that kinda stuff. alot of kids in Regiment were robbed during one stay in Michigan.

http://www.regiment.org/memoirs_display.cf...mp;MemoirPull=8

Edited by chaos001

Phones are good. Nice to get in touch with the real world. Bring the wall charger and charge it overnight in the gym. You really don't have anywhere to plug a car charger in to. But it's a good idea to have a good hiding place or something for it when you're on the field. Anyone can just walk in to a gym and say "look, I now have a new iPod."

I couldn't last all summer without an iPod. Helps me fall asleep on the bus. Put on some relaxing music and I'm out.

another question...

I've been told that the bus seats can become very personalized - sheets, baskets?, pouches?

What's up with that? Is it necessary?

Thanks in advance!

bring a pillow case for the seat in front of you.... put it over the seat, and fold up the bottom, and you have a pouch to store stuff (small food, show gloves, throw your watch in before you leave the bus for a show, etc etc).

p1010238ke1.jpg

but check with your corps... it is fairly well known the Cavaliers are cell phone free.

Edited by soccerguy315