The Blue Knights lose Debbie Blaiszik

May her soul rest in peace.

You know as I read about Debbie I got to thinking that every corps out there has a "Debbie". That one special person who gives their heart and soul to the youth of that organization. A person who always seems to have space for one more. Who always has a smile on their face when everyone else is trying just to get by. Someone who ask s for no reward or recognition in return because their reward is the young feeling they get from being around the kids, and when we lose that person it is like getting our heart ripped out. My condolences to Debbie's family and the Bk organization

Well said - agreed

Debbie will be missed for sure. She's one of a few who convinced me to return to the Blue Knights as a supporter and Tour Manager in 2007. Her attitude was always positive (she referred to herself as a "Pollyanna") even when the chips were down. When I was having a rough day, she cheered me up. She offered to let me stay at her house whenever I needed to. She always put others before herself and did everything she possibly could to help the Blue Knights be an awesome experience.

-GM