2008 Season Uniform Changes

It's tradition that they shield is changed every year. If you don't believe me... source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glassmen_Drum_and_Bugle_Corps

I would also like to note that from the Georgia Dome performance to the end of the season the 2008 Glassmen sported a gold ribbon that extended from gauntlet to gauntlet across the chest of the jacket separating the black and cream. And was later edited to extend from shoulder to shoulder, but remained on the gauntlets.

it was edited because all of them fell off and they just sewed the ones across instead of going from sleeve to sleeve to save time. I hope they bring it back this year and cant wait for the new shield.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys ...

1. Madison Scouts: Handsome

2. Santa Clara Vanguard: Shiny

3. Blue Knights: Dotted

4. Blue Stars: Clean

5. Crossmen: Intense

6. Phantom Regiment: Epic

7. Blue Devils: Pretty (Who doesn't feel pretty in a skirt?!!)

Pacific Crest - okay they didn't change their uniforms this year, but that's exactly the problem. At least go back to white pants! How are you supposed to represent SoCal, much less the Pacific, in all black!?! :tongue::ph34r::mat:

20080510-oil_rig.jpg

:mat:

Edited by PCSoprano9702

My assumption is that BD went to the white plumes to accent a lot of the 'absurd'-type head movements they used. Please correct me if you are more informed than I. It looks slick but it appears that they've been after a darker image since they first got the supersuits in 94(??), and I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to black in 09.

a buddy of mine also said the drop sashes where added to "make them look fast." Helps show that they are moving at high velocities which sometimes the dark uniform hides against the green field. Thats what i heard about them. I dig em.

Edited by BDTPT

Really?

They've never been...

or are you kidding around?

Carolina Crown started with white uniforms, just changed the accouterments (example, the 1995 "Stormworks" black lightning bolt and cummerbund on the jacket) through 1995, then had white pants with the purple tops from 1996 until 2000. They switched to black pants in 2001. Then, in 2003, they began using the cream color they have now.

I personally loved the Blue Devil's with white plumes. But I expect them to go back to black next year.

I second the opinion that the Blue Stars' white pants were a good thing. I don't remember the exact order, but the corps that were on before the Blue Stars at quarterfinals were:

Pioneer - dark green pants

Mandarins - black pants

Academy - black pants

Pacific Crest - black pants

Troopers - all dark blue

Spirit - black pants

Colts - black pants

Crossmen - all black

Scouts - black pants

Glassmen - black pants

Blue Stars - white pants

When the Blue Stars took the field after 2-1/2 to 3 hrs of watching the show it was like the black hole went away and the sun came out and filled the stadium. They were sooooo much easier to look at. It actually felt better physically.

Semis weren't much better:

Troopers - all dark blue

Spirit - black pants

Colts - black pants

Crossmen - all black

Scouts - black pants

Glassmen - black pants

BAC - black pants

Blue Stars - white pants

The eyestrain went away with the white pants.

Spirit's pants are dark dark navy.

1. Madison Scouts. OK - I'm the one of the biggest Scouts honks around but I can honestly say I don't really like it. I like the idea that they tried to look somewhat retro, but the offset bottom made them look like they had it buttoned wrong. The jackets bunched up and looked somewhat sloppy. I did like the ties, and I'm pretty sure they would have looked better with white pants. The guard uniforms were OK but the plain white T-shirts have to go! Sorry guys - Still love the Scouts - always will but I'm just stating my opinion. (Welcome back to the top 12!)

I was looking at the age-out photos on DCI tonight and it finally hit me that their uniforms are somewhat reminiscent of a bullfighter's costume. To me that fits perfectly with their latin programs. Yes, I am a big fan of the 2008 Madison unis!!!

I second the opinion that the Blue Stars' white pants were a good thing. I don't remember the exact order, but the corps that were on before the Blue Stars at quarterfinals were:

Pioneer - dark green pants

Mandarins - black pants

Academy - black pants

Troopers - all dark blue

Spirit - black pants

Colts - black pants

Crossmen - all black

Scouts - black pants

Glassmen - black pants

Blue Stars - white pants

When the Blue Stars took the field after 2-1/2 to 3 hrs of watching the show it was like the black hole went away and the sun came out and filled the stadium. They were sooooo much easier to look at. It actually felt better physically.

Semis weren't much better:

Troopers - all dark blue

Spirit - black pants

Colts - black pants

Crossmen - all black

Scouts - black pants

Glassmen - black pants

BAC - black pants

Blue Stars - white pants

The eyestrain went away with the white pants.

No offense, but focus your energy on changing the perennial Top 8 corps instead of ragging on the others. I'd love some contrast/leg stripes too, but why do the Top 8 escape your wrath? The upper echelon of corps should be able to survive a change, while you could make an argument that the others could use the help. (And that include my own corps, so no honking here.)