30 Seconds

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hesitate to show anything from too long ago... like pre 99... assuming you want to give them a depiction of where the activity is currently at.

As much well-deserved nostalgia as those shows have, I think the hairstyles alone would instantly date those clips to your audience.

I'd hesitate to show anything from too long ago... like pre 99... assuming you want to give them a depiction of where the activity is currently at.

As much well-deserved nostalgia as those shows have, I think the hairstyles alone would instantly date those clips to your audience.

Haha, agreed.

I also agree that the visual will sink in before music to any non-corps savvy chap. Unless they're music majors or something, the Cavies would be your best bet there. I like the '02 show where they rotate within the big box near the closer (before the triangle move), and it's about 30 seconds.

Edited by snax08

My choice would be '95 Madison...or if you really want to shake them up, pull out some Bridgemen (like the blindfolded drum solo).

I'd say the latin section from the Cavies '04 show. I just love that part, but it is more than 30 seconds. 30 seconds is tough. Maybe the end of the Madison '95 show starting at the full corps pinwheel. I always liked the end of the Bluecoats '01 show, but then you'd have to also explain that they're not booing...

Sorry. I have to respectfully disagree.

(This should be of no surprise where I'm going with this one) :smile: 1985 Suncoast Sound. IMO, the re-entry of the "Simple Song at Sunrise" theme, (just after the cha-cha section around the 11:37 mark) to the end is just as powerful today as it was back then. OK. So it's 60 seconds and not 30. I still think it stands up to today's standards.

I'd say the latin section from the Cavies '04 show. I just love that part, but it is more than 30 seconds. 30 seconds is tough. Maybe the end of the Madison '95 show starting at the full corps pinwheel. I always liked the end of the Bluecoats '01 show, but then you'd have to also explain that they're not booing...

Didn't Cavies do James Bond in '04? Not sure I remember a "latin section"...