College Park --Finals 2000

I don't really remember the acoustics, etc. What I do remember is having a great time in D.C.

All the free attractions, monuments. The train ride to the stadium.

Did Allentown and Philly the week end before and took a trip down the shore. Ferry from Cape May to Delaware. Truly one of my favorite DCI trips.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Housing site for us was crap, but that's not what this thread is about lol..

I know I had a lot of fun marching in that stadium. I especially liked the fact that there were three tiers in the stadium therefore there were a lot more people which in turn lead to enormous crowd reaction. The field I think was excellent to march on. No huge dips or anything. And I love the fact that there were no team logos or numbers on the field so you could see more of the performers without distraction. I guess we can thank the Redskins for that.

Bleacher seating, which always sucks. And I remember it being blazing hot, which made the bleacher seating suck even more. My sweat is one thing. Your sweat should stay yours.

My view: Any finals location which doesn't include individual seats is inadequate (yes, that includes Camp Randall in the inadaquate category).

HH

We sat in the top row for finals. The stadium was so high that we still heard the last note while we saw the corps had horns down. All night I felt like I was watching a bad japanese horror movie because the sound and the visual were not in unison.

We sat in the top row for finals. The stadium was so high that we still heard the last note while we saw the corps had horns down. All night I felt like I was watching a bad japanese horror movie because the sound and the visual were not in unison.

Ummm, that's what happens when sound has a great distance to travel.

That problem is not unique to Maryland :happy:

It was our son's first year with The Cadets so the excitement overwhelmed our senses quite a bit. What did really impress me were the acoustics in the stadium. Right from the ticking clock in the beginning to the last note, the sound was clean. we were on the 40 toward the top of the lower tier and could hear everything as clear as a bell. I also found Maryland to be a great venue, easy parking and well maintained.

What's ironic is my son is now finishing his Masters at Univ. of Maryland after marching there as a High School kid in 2000.

Wow....my first time on dcp in a month - and all these threads i cant help but respond to. I went to MD for 5 years, and was on the field for that NC state game. As far as the field - i believe it is being replaced with astroturf very soon, but for now, the grass is great. As far as noise - the team house has been redone, and there's twice as much parking. Anyway, to the OP, if you've got any questions about the school itself - let me know.

Wow....my first time on dcp in a month - and all these threads i cant help but respond to. I went to MD for 5 years, and was on the field for that NC state game. As far as the field - i believe it is being replaced with astroturf very soon, but for now, the grass is great. As far as noise - the team house has been redone, and there's twice as much parking. Anyway, to the OP, if you've got any questions about the school itself - let me know.

Where have you been?

I loved performing in that stadium, but I agree, housing wasn't exactly optimal. I remember the school where we were housed, and being told not to leave the school grounds, at all.