Put up or Shut up!

it begs the question,, does the corps sell out for money??

IE: in this scenario,, the corps says,, h3ll no,, we won't do synths..

BUT

Scenario #2..

Rich Person donates tons of money to corps, on condition they can only march Inuits,, (no offence intended,, but you get my point),,,

at what time does it cross the line from being okay to being wrong?? AND,, who sets that line in the sand? If the corps start being dictated to by money,, where does the sport end up?? I think, it winds up being a rich persons tiddly wink game.. pandering to the wants and prejudices of the those donating,,,

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I understand the question. (thanks for the translation, y'all)

No. I don't think this would be fesible.

a. Top corps don't really need the money to "get down the road" or for year to year survival. Plus, designers are going to use electronics if it is going to make them competitivley succesful. I suppose if you dangled a huge, redonkulous sum of money in front of them it might happen. But I doubt it. Plus, what designers are really all that concerned with the survival of the corps anyway? There is little corps loyalty amongst top designers.

b. the corps that could make use of such an offer (corps concerned with year to year survival) are most likely not able to purchase electronics in the first place.

c. if somebody is so deperate to not see electronics in drum corps that the only time they donate to my corps is if/when we announce that they will be part of the show next summer, thanks but no, I don't want your donation. Where are you and your money any other time?

Jason, for real...

as an alumnus of the same corps as you, do we need threads here and on the corps page complaining about this stuff. Did you have these same feelings when they added the dreaded 3rd valve to the corps, or ####, when I marched, the 4th valve to the contra's?

Do I like electronics, I don't know, but the truth of the matter is that many corps have been using them for a few years now. Granted, the use of the synth will be something to get used to, but hopefully most corps will be intelligent about their use. Especially the corps you and I both hold so close to our hearts.

It's a dead horse being beaten over and over, and I think complaining in multiple threads is not going to change the opinions of those that are using them.

Not trying to be a jerk, just not digging the over used criticism. In my opinion, it's going to push people away, especially on the corps page, they don't need to see people #####ing at each other about details that most of us do not have the facts about. Unless we consider the facts to be that the corps is simply using a synth player, in which case, we have no merit to complain as we have not heard or seen the show yet.

Well, open conversation, on a subject I know a little about, is all I was looking for. Lets say ,stir the soup a little in the off season. If you really know my feelings about the subject ,you know all I am doing is a little tree shaking. I am down with whatever they do. You could add live animals and I would be with them. The people in the Corps know what they are doing, I just like to post things and see what people have to say. Obviously, I rub people wrong most of the time, but my heart is in the right place. And Sir, I am having fun. Hope to see you this summer, and I would never call you a jerk. I thought the question was kinda interesting. Hm, Mabye not.

Jason

To whom are you replying?

I was responding to the original poster, the one whose post is barely readable. I appreciate your recap of what he was trying to say, as I could actually make sense of it. :thumbup:

Why do you continually do this? Post thread on DCP that looks like it was written by a below average 8th grader.

I've never been able to completely understand anything you type.

But to answer your question...

I assume your talking about somebody donating alot of money to a corps for the purchase of electronics. The corps, then as a matter of principal, doesn't use them.

This is the best deciphering I can do. I can't read hyroglyphics.

I must just burn you up inside. ARRRRRRRRRR! You can read it in your post. A below average 8th grader you say, that is friken classic. THAT, made me laugh.

Peace

Jason

I must just burn you up inside. ARRRRRRRRRR! You can read it in your post. A below average 8th grader you say, that is friken classic. THAT, made me laugh.

Peace

Jason

Well, at least people can read my posts and understand my posts.

It takes alot more than your mindless gibberish and nonsensical rambling to burn me up. I just wish you learn to type, form coherent thoughts and communicate like an adult.

I was responding to the original poster, the one whose post is barely readable. I appreciate your recap of what he was trying to say, as I could actually make sense of it. :happy:

OK :wub:

Now that I understand the question. (thanks for the translation, y'all)

No. I don't think this would be fesible.

a. Top corps don't really need the money to "get down the road" or for year to year survival. Plus, designers are going to use electronics if it is going to make them competitivley succesful. I suppose if you dangled a huge, redonkulous sum of money in front of them it might happen. But I doubt it. Plus, what designers are really all that concerned with the survival of the corps anyway? There is little corps loyalty amongst top designers.

b. the corps that could make use of such an offer (corps concerned with year to year survival) are most likely not able to purchase electronics in the first place.

c. if somebody is so deperate to not see electronics in drum corps that the only time they donate to my corps is if/when we announce that they will be part of the show next summer, thanks but no, I don't want your donation. Where are you and your money any other time?

Exactly...so how exactly will synthesizers change the sound of drum corps? What would the intended effect be?

Exactly...so how exactly will synthesizers change the sound of drum corps? What would the intended effect be?

I think that is a discussion for another thread and another day. There are a lot of different arguements pro vs. con about synthesizers.

If you want to find out, I think there are several thread already in progress.

thirdcoast has to be the most unhinged poster on DCP right now. He's not going to rival early BigSnareLine for pure singleminded idiocy or rudeness, but he makes up for it with rambling, repetitive, incoherent posts (see the SO MUCH EMOTION thread for an absolute classic). Truly an MVP of DCP.

And then DrumCorpsFan27 coming in and sticking up for him. Comedy gold.