Mike Siglow's Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet! :smile:

And someone that truly loves drum corps, and everyone in our family!

Mike is a talented, and dedicated individual, and we need more people like him! :happy:

Hope that you're enjoying yourself, Mike!!!

...Jimmy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday Mike! It's been a pleasure knowing you.

Steve Cooley

"Happy Birthday":

And MANY "Happy Returns" of the Day Mr Siglow!!!! :happy:

Elphaba

Belated Birthday Wishes, Mike!

We've never met, but I feel I know you from your DCP postings, especially on the 'Guess Who?' thread. Hope it was a happy day!

• 3 months later...

My goodness. I just noticed this 3 and 1/2 months later. To all of you who offered your well wishes I humbly thank you all very, very much. Considering that at the tender age of 15 I was told that I would be lucky to see 21, making it to "45" (thank you Mr. Ream) is certainly a treat. :worthy::worthy::worthy: (Actually it's 63, but I prefer to celebrate anniversaries now. I celebrated the 24th anniversary of me 39th birthday, it sounds younger. :worthy:)

To my great friends up in the Erie Thunderbirds, Gene and Jeff, it is always a great pleasure to attend your banquets and, when I can, play in your annual golf outing. As I'm sure you know I will ALWAYS win the longest "drive" trophy. :smile: And thanks for the kind words about my playing ability, I even impressed Ponzo a couple of years ago. Now that I got the flugel horn pitched properly in the key of G, I'm sure I'll be hitting most of the correct notes at the right time. :thumbdown:

Mr "Joe Guido" Jim Cossetti. :smile: I've finally made the big time. I'm now a wrinkle carrying member of the old farts brigade. Where are you holding the meetings for this prestigious group Jim? :worthy:

And (THE) Don. Yes, those were some very special days for me. I loved Wink dearly. He was a special person to me and one of the men who showed me how to be a New York Skyliner through to the marrow in my bones.

I'm glad that I was able to get you involved again Jim Fawber. We'll have to get you and the other 2 Jims back at it judging the "Most Charismatic Hawaiian Shirt" contest again this year. That was a fun presentation. :worthy:

To my 2 favorite people in all the world (well South Jersey anyway) it has been at least 10 years that you have graciously opened your home to me when ever I attended a function at Archie. I really can't think of an appropriate way to show my gratitude other then to stop up in Hoboken and get a couple of twists of Mozz from Fiore's, a couple of loaves of sausage bread and pepperoni bread and then over to Carlo's City Hall bakery and pick up about 4 crumb cakes before I come down again. :happy:

Ever since I met you Donny Allen, I knew you were a special guy. Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade rehearsals at the Teaneck Armory in 1993? While rehearsing "Little Ole New York" the last set of notes sounded to bland for me. It sounded like your average "C" chord. I hit either a D or an F to put a little desonance in there. Donny stopped to Corps, looked at me, saw me wearing a New York Skyliner Corps jacket, and told all of the 2nd sopranos to play an F. We had the time of our lives those 3 days and became the best of friends to this day. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes my friend. :wink:

Hairbear. What a really great pleasure and honor it was finally make your acquaintance. You and the Brothers really gave me some of the best entertainment that I've had the pleasure of viewing in this great activity. Helping us keep the activity strong with all of the "extras" you put into helping kids it a true mark of love for Drum Corps. :worthy:

Andy, what can I say. I TRULY love your "Don Rickles" approach. For you to be as sincere with your birthday wishes as you are is very gratifying for me. I don't think I'll be able to take that train ride with you HBG this year. I'll be transporting Riggie with me for the weekend. Maybe next year?

Joe, I vaguely remember your description of the events that tranpired all those years ago but at this "advanced age" I'm lucky if I can remember what I had for breakfast this morning. Thanks so much for your kind words. :worthy:

OMG!!!!!! 2 pages!!!!!!

Jimmy Jordan. You're scaring me with all those accolades. I'm gonna have a hard time living up to them you know? I thank you from the bottom of my heart. And I'm sure you know that I AM the oldest living member of the Bridgemen. I marched in the very first parade that we performed in way back in 1965. If I had the time and it wasn't so far, I'd be there with you guys. Carry on that great Bridgemen tradition and keep John Richard young. :worthy:

Hi Marty. Thanks for your birthday wishes. I hope your son is getting better and better each and every day. Hope that you can bring him to SIB if he's up to it. Keep the faith. :worthy: Oh!! You're 63 too? What a coinky dink!!!! :doh:

And it has been the same for me Steve. But you know what I really need from you on my NEXT Birthday? Yeah, that's right. Go to the PaDCHOF website print out a form and get it to me. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will make my day. :worthy:

Mr. Ream. Thanks for trying to keep me young. :worthy: But unfortunately time stands still for no man. It's gonna be a real blast for me to play with Westshore this coming SIB. Some wild charts. A lotta ink on those pages. Wish my lip was "45" years old again. :worthy:

ELPHABA!!!! You know, I'm probably the ONLY one on DCP who DOESN'T know who you are. But I DID love the play "Wicked" so if you claim to have the same personality as Elphaba, you gotta be tops in my book. :worthy:

John, you and I must have met somewhere and someplace in time. After all we DID compete against each other for a number of years. I'm sure we'll get to meet at some time in the future. Thanks for you birthday wishes.

AND TO ALL, PLEASE BELIEVE ME, I WASN'T BEING RUDE, I HAD NO IDEA THAT YOU ALL POSTED THESE BIRTHDAY WISHES. I HAPPENED TO BE AT A WEEK LONG CONFERENCE ON MY BIRTHDAY AND DIDN'T HAVE ACCESS TO A COMPUTER. WITH MUCH HUMILITY A BELATED "THANK YOU" FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR ALL YOUR WELL WISHES AND KIND WORDS. THEY WILL BE HARD TO LIVE UP TO.