Madison Scouts Visa Platinum Card

The Madison Scouts are excited to announce a brand new way that you can support the corps!Madison Scouts Visa Card HornsWhen you apply for the new Madison Scouts platinum Visa Card, our issuing bank (UMB) will donate $50 to Madison Scouts the very first time you use it! And UMB...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...6&Itemid=39

The Madison Scouts are excited to announce a brand new way that you can support the corps!Madison Scouts Visa Card HornsWhen you apply for the new Madison Scouts platinum Visa Card, our issuing bank (UMB) will donate $50 to Madison Scouts the very first time you use it! And UMB...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...6&Itemid=39

There's already a thread open here

There's already a thread open here

Don't bother. I believe those DCP NewsFeeds are automatically generated, and seem to be way behind other threads that are started by people. I opened a separate thread a few months ago questioning this, and it was ignored.

Don't bother. I believe those DCP NewsFeeds are automatically generated, and seem to be way behind other threads that are started by people. I opened a separate thread a few months ago questioning this, and it was ignored.

The DCP Newsfeed threads are opened automatically when an article is posted on the DCP front page. In this case, I received the news regarding Madison's Visa card via my subscription to their site's RSS news feed, so it came to my attention either yesterday or today.

Hmmm, I just don't get this. Why on earth would anyone pay a huge interest rate to a credit card company just to see pennies go to a drum corps. Why not just donate 100.00 to the corps, which would probably be WAY more in a years time than they would see from the credit card deal. Ya Ya I know, pay it off every month and there is no interest. Well about .05 % of card holders actually do that. It just doesn't make sense to me. Dave Ramsey anyone?

Hmmm, I just don't get this. Why on earth would anyone pay a huge interest rate to a credit card company just to see pennies go to a drum corps. Why not just donate 100.00 to the corps, which would probably be WAY more in a years time than they would see from the credit card deal. Ya Ya I know, pay it off every month and there is no interest. Well about .05 % of card holders actually do that. It just doesn't make sense to me. Dave Ramsey anyone?

Well, to be blunt and honest. The reason people would do this, is because they want to. It is how they want to give to a corps. Maybe they don't want to send a check, maybe they can't at the moment. Maybe they just like this idea. Maybe they have a good interest rate.

But shame on them for trying to make funds any way possible. What a horrible thing for them to do.

The Scouts get a one-time commission of $50 when you apply for and use the card; and they get a commission each time you use the card to make a purchase thereafter....forever. It's not based on a balance at the end of the month and there is no fee on applying for the card. So someone can register for the card (the Scouts get $50) and use the card for their purchases. They pay their balance at the end of the month and they incur no interest charge. The Scouts still get a percentage of each transaction.

The card has a 0% interest rate for the first 6 months and an 11.9% interest rate thereafter. That's a very competitive interest rate considering a lot of cards are pushing 29% now.

So if you were to listen to Dave Ramsey and pay the card off every month, you would likely be providing the Scouts about $70 in the first year of the card and about $20 each year thereafter (based on the average credit card usage). All that for doing what most consumers do on a normal everyday basis.

Then the best trick is to take that card, go to www.MadisonGear.com and make a donation to the Madison Corps program. Then the corps gets a donation and a commission at the same time!

Then the best trick is to take that card, go to www.MadisonGear.com and make a donation to the Madison Corps program. Then the corps gets a donation and a commission at the same time!

Sponsoring a soon-to-be 3 year veteran is a really good trick too :happy:

The Scouts get a one-time commission of $50 when you apply for and use the card; and they get a commission each time you use the card to make a purchase thereafter....forever. It's not based on a balance at the end of the month and there is no fee on applying for the card. So someone can register for the card (the Scouts get $50) and use the card for their purchases. They pay their balance at the end of the month and they incur no interest charge. The Scouts still get a percentage of each transaction.

The card has a 0% interest rate for the first 6 months and an 11.9% interest rate thereafter. That's a very competitive interest rate considering a lot of cards are pushing 29% now.

So if you were to listen to Dave Ramsey and pay the card off every month, you would likely be providing the Scouts about $70 in the first year of the card and about $20 each year thereafter (based on the average credit card usage). All that for doing what most consumers do on a normal everyday basis.

Now these guys are working hard! Keep up the good work. Im in!

Jason

2009 MADISON SCOUTS RULE!

Hmmm, I just don't get this. Why on earth would anyone pay a huge interest rate to a credit card company just to see pennies go to a drum corps. Why not just donate 100.00 to the corps, which would probably be WAY more in a years time than they would see from the credit card deal.

I don't think the corps intends to have supporters use the credit card IN PLACE of donations and contributions. I think that this would be an additional funding source for the corps on top of any contributions made to the corps. Most people use credit cards a lot anyways, so why not use one that gives the Scouts some free money? Even if the amount of money the corps makes off the credit card isn't huge, it's still some revenue that they did not previously have.