If you started a Drum Corps...

If you started a drum corps, what would you name it? Just out of curiosity.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harvey's Corps :worthy:

Seriously, I would avoid names that have already been used, such as "Magic of ?" or "Star of ?", as well as "? Vanguard" or "? Cadets", etc. You need to see what your target audience is and try to come up with something that will not scare people away. Since I am old, I would find some younger folks (late teens, early 20's) and get them to brainstorm names for me.

It depends on where the corps is based. If they're based in a easily recognizable area then incorporate it into the name (IE: Madison Scouts, Seattle Cascades, Magic of Orlando, etc.) Other than that, something powerful and classy too.

Wouldn't you like to know? :worthy: I've got one, and it's a good one! As far as I have researched it has never been used (and that is HARD to do), but I can't tell you. I may just end up starting this corps someday...I can't give away the name! It would however incorporate the name of it's hometown, or in this case (in my dreams anyway) the local Catholic parish.

"Intermission" that way they are at every show!

I would form an All-Girl Corps and call it The Georgia Peaches. And I would build it into a Corps that would challenge for World Class Champions!! :worthy:

The New England Minutemen

Bah...beat me to it.

I also thought about the Imperials...and they'd all wear red coats. I must have some weird fascination with the revolution.