Bluecoats 2009 Show

Well, Magritte was not an Impressionest, but rather a Surrealist. Maybe Bluecoats will do a musical, perhaps "Hello, Dali"?? :lle:

GROAN!!!!!!!! (a good pun elicits the biggest groan. :lol: )

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random post of the year...how come people at Bluecoats use acronyms like "BC"-this and "BC"-that, and then correct non-Bloo people when they use the term "Blue Coats?"

Imagine That.

Oh snap! You have a point.

I'm imagining...nope nothing. :lol:

Random post of the year...how come people at Bluecoats use acronyms like "BC"-this and "BC"-that, and then correct non-Bloo people when they use the term "Blue Coats?"

Imagine That.

I know I personally never used that, and never will. And that's a good reason why right there. I also don't like to sound like I'm copying BD.

The image reminds me of the paintings of surrealist Rene Magritte. He often used a man in a bowler hat, floating, sometimes with an umbrella, so perhaps they are going for an oddball/surreal-type theme.

Showing my age...

Or...maybe they are going to use the theme song from "The Avengers" in their show...and dress the guard in Mrs. Peel's super sexy black-cat-burglar-outfit. :lol:

I know I personally never used that, and never will. And that's a good reason why right there. I also don't like to sound like I'm copying BD.

All the "blue" corps are copying someone. Instead of BD or BC or BK, they should just go by the second letter. i.e. I marched with D. Or I march with K. Or I marched wit he C. Or I marched with the S.

back on topic. I thought of the Being There poster as well. You could apply the spirit of that movie to the bloo team arriving in the top 3 or 4 again. As you could to Crown. A fresh presence amongst the elite.

I like the idea of a show with a lot of symbolism. Give me something to look for and challenge me to find it. Something subtle, like stabbing the drum major in the gut with a spear. :lol:

getting the Magritte vibe too

but getting more of a "the Prisoner than "The Avengers"

Well, the hat and umbrella remind me more of the Patrick named "McNee" than the one named "McGoohan". :lle:

Of course, replace the bowler with a derby and the umbrella with a cane, and it could be Bat Masterson (Gene Barry). :lol:

Imagine That.

Haha...always said that too!