Corps current identities

Looks a lot like the "new" star on the new uniform, eh?

not a fan of the new uniforms. they should go back to the old ones and the red plums were a nice touch

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a fan of the new uniforms. they should go back to the old ones and the red plums were a nice touch

The old uniforms were definitely iconic and I miss them too. However, identity notwithstanding, the new uniforms look very good on the field and I think people who want dark blue, cross straps, and a buckle are going to be waiting for a while.

Edited by sdstar

Madison: Like SCV, all about tradition and history. Those guys are really proud of where they came from.

By "tradition and history" you mean they do the same show every year.

Crossmen: A little over-rated. Not sure how they spent so much time in 12th place with that show.

How were they "over-rated" when its what the judges see and think in comparison with other corps performance, sometimes back-to-back?

Uh...care to explain that one?

you know same show over and over...

jesus christ superstar, an original show about pirates, carmen, kashmir(last time i checked led zepplin was not latin (the same show over and over))

in reality they are pretty much far from the same show over and over. the closest thing would have been 95 and 96, but its no worse than scv doing phantom of the opera 88 and 89, or phantom doing spartacus 3times now. you still love their shows every year so get over the "same show" theory

but still even if it was the same show for 5yrs in a row, i dont think the many people would have a problem with it

How were they "over-rated" when its what the judges see and think in comparison with other corps performance, sometimes back-to-back?

in san antonio they should not have made the night show. conspiracies arent my thing, but being it xmens "home show" might have put them into the night. i dont think the rest of the people in the alamodome saw the same show i did. but what do i know im paying to watch, not being paid to watch

Let us imagine the Troopers coming out in anything but their traditional uniform and playing Phantom of the Opera. That would be a travesty. They have spent decades branding (no pun intended) us with a certain genre and style and honestly, that's one of their strengths.

I for one WANT their to be distinctions between corps.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Troopers management wants to change uniforms and musical style. From the October 5, 2008 board meeting minutes:

Bylaws – Proposed Additions/Changes: John passed out two proposals relating to changes in the bylaws of the organization. They both have to do with the image of the Corps – uniform, music and bearing. No discussion was held and John will email the board members with a more refined proposal to be discussed in detail at the next meeting.

I am not associated with Troopers. The minutes can be found on the website. I find it interesting that Troopers is trying to change identities at a time when several corps are trying to establish a more concrete identity.

By "tradition and history" you mean they do the same show every year.

Maybe 94-96. Other than that, I think each show has been pretty unique.

I would agree that they do have a decidedly latin flavor.