DCPI-11 Season Discussion

Matt Smith and I always said the hardest division of them all is Div II. The only "easy" year I had was my first season in DCPI with Menagerie. That corps was in the top 12 for most of the season as a Div II, a scenario that can happen in a live season. So many possible ways to get your points and a lot of the times, you don't need to use your max points allowed. Div III was about finding the junk.

One solution is that you can only use a certain corps for no more then 3 captions. No more using that junk corps for 5 captions. Also I would move the points closer and give Div III 10 more points. I was in a Div II/III corps and smaller division corps do indeed beat the larger division groups.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did that in season 1 (misunderstanding the rules) and only used a corps once..............Still made finals!! :smile:

Congrats to the Firebird Cymbal Ensemble for taking 1st place in their caption at I&E :smile: . They finished with a score of 88.95. Also congrats to the Firebird Multi-Tenor Ensemble for taking third in their caption with a score of 82.00.

We are proud of all the Firebird marching members who participated in this season's I&E competition, and would like to thank our sponsors for providing the equipment needed.

And on a final note: good luck to all corps in all divisions this weekend at finals. It was a very long rehearsal today as we added in the final changes to our program. I have confidence in our kids though; this is the hardest I've seen them work all season, and with a little determination there could be an upset in the top 12 on Saturday :smile:

Open starts off pretty darn close between two great corps and past champions!

Star of Hawaii 90.425

Les Blanc Chevaliers 90.250

A couple of fifths sound good to me. I'm talking about scores here.

Its amazing how bunched up everyone is. In A class the top 7 are within .475 points. Crazy!

Open starts off pretty darn close between two great corps and past champions!

Star of Hawaii 90.425

Les Blanc Chevaliers 90.250

Yeah Gary. It was a solid performance. I think hometown helped a bit last night and now we have the kiss of death. :smile:

I was proud of Cross 4th place finish too. We did take GE.

Edited by StarOrg

I was proud of Cross 4th place finish too. We did take GE.

Just sayin' :smile:

Cross A 19.45 19.50

VK³ A 19.45 19.55

NPE A 19.45 19.55

What a competition yesterday! Congrats are in order (or maybe not!?) to Star of Hawaii and Kadence for their thrilling performances.

Dude, Where's My Corps? and The Detroit City Council are both right in the thick of it all. The corps placed 6th and 7th, respectively, and our rehearsals are right on track. We're looking forward to putting out great shows for everyone the rest of the week!

The Corps of Unspecified Identity is ready for their performance tonight, hopefully we don't win!

Good luck to all!

And I think I should also pass along congratulations to the Chipley Vanguard, who was the only corps to make it into semi-finals yesterday with a penalty.