DCPI-11 Season Discussion

Scores are in and the season ended last night for 2 SSYAO Corps last night, and though Velocity and The Oveido Hurricanes finished at the bottom of their respective packs (Velocity finished 24 in class A with a score of 81.350 and Hurricanes finished 25th in open with 85.025) the SSYAO is extremely proud of them and is already at work on improving next season for them as well as bringing the Challengers back to the field next season. And congrats to The Avengers!

The corps hard work paid off as they were able to surge in the Open Class ranks all the way up to 10TH Place with a score of 87.525! The SSYAO is very proud of all their member corps and The Avengers will be working very hard to make finals for the first time in the corps history.

As fellow Florida corps organizations we are look forward to seeing the progress of SSYAO and also the continued success of the Avengers this week.

-The Star Organization Corps

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Human Wave Regiment didn't make it to Semis, unfortunately. Those late season changes that I made that I thought were going to improve the corps, well, didn't.

The Patriots are limping into Semis, though! And it will be one helluva fight for finals!

There is NO Quarter Finals / prelims curse. Mystré won season 5 prelims and finals. Same season Menagerie place 1st at 1/4's and finished 7th. Season 4 saw Mystré win 1/4's, Semis and Finals.

No curse on my side. :)

Edited by CloudHype

Maybe so, but that doesn't change the fact that there was a string of corps who happen to win quarters and then NOT MAKE FINALS. Not just once or twice, but a few times.

Albieit, this mostly a Div.1/World Class curse, I did a quick run through my spreadsheet and here are the facts:

Season 6 Armada won Prelims (there used to be 4 rounds of championships) and finished 15th

Season 7 Nastalgia won Prelims and finished 16th

Season 8 Oakland Skylarks won Quarters and finished 15th

So believe me, Season 9 NO ONE wanted to win Quarters.

Edited by Ex VK DM

Maybe so, but that doesn't change the fact that there was a string of corps who happen to win quarters and then NOT MAKE FINALS. Not just once or twice, but a few times.

Albieit, this mostly a Div.1/World Class curse, I did a quick run through my spreadsheet and here are the facts:

Season 6 Armada won Prelims (there used to be 4 rounds of championships) and finished 15th

Season 8 Oakland Skylarks won Quarters and finished 15th

So believe me, Season 9 NO ONE wanted to win Quarters.

So I guess I broke that curse, since I won Quarters in Season 9 (Gypsum Board Brigade) and still made finals.

As I recall, he didn't just win prelims that year, he won it going away and sent a bunch of corps into a tizzy trying to catch up. A lot of the corps that swapped a lot of captions didn't find the success they were looking for, but those of us that kept a level head made out pretty well.

As I recall, he didn't just win prelims that year, he won it going away and sent a bunch of corps into a tizzy trying to catch up. A lot of the corps that swapped a lot of captions didn't find the success they were looking for, but those of us that kept a level head made out pretty well.

Yeah leave it to us to throw a monkey wrench in the plans. Truth be told, i was real shocked about that myself. One good thing does come out of winning quarters...you can say that you beat everbody with the same judgeing panel at one contest.

Is it just me or are the A/Open Semi-Finals results up a day early?

For the first time in it's two-season history, Firebird has made it to World-Class semis in 12th place. If the kids can keep cool and give the performance of their lives, tomorrow night, its Finals all the way!

Unfortunately the Firebird Cadets were knocked out in Open-Calss prelims by one spot, but we are still very proud of how well they did for their inaugural season. Better luck next time!

Good luck to all of the semi finalists tomorrow, this is shaping up to be our best championships yet!