DCPI-11 Season Discussion

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kadence A 87.413

The Bolts A 87.412

Holy ####, that's a close spread!

Maybe so, but that doesn't change the fact that there was a string of corps who happen to win quarters and then NOT MAKE FINALS. Not just once or twice, but a few times.

Albieit, this mostly a Div.1/World Class curse, I did a quick run through my spreadsheet and here are the facts:

Season 6 Armada won Prelims (there used to be 4 rounds of championships) and finished 15th

Season 7 Nastalgia won Prelims and finished 16th

Season 8 Oakland Skylarks won Quarters and finished 15th

So believe me, Season 9 NO ONE wanted to win Quarters.

Fairly confident that there is no Quarters jinx on Polaris this season. They are too strong not to make Finals.

Kadence A 87.413

The Bolts A 87.412

Holy ####, that's a close spread!

That is as close as it gets. My hornline needs to get it done tonight and hopefully we'll be right there for gold. If not, still an awesome season.

All in all a very succesful night. A second, a third, and a fourth.

Good luck to everyone tonight and again tomorrow night.

Edited by ccollins792

Is it just me or are the A/Open Semi-Finals results up a day early?

They were posted on the right day. I made a mistake in the origonal schedule when I posted it, and I guess I never corrected it. If you look at the rules congress, the vote for making finals generated, it shows the correct finals week schedule.

Open and A class finals are tonight.

Les Blanc Chevalier pulled off a great show last night! Hope it can carry to tonight! Congrats to all corps who moved on! The Knights feel like we are in a great position! The current top twelve leaves out a lot of GREAT corps which means it must be a VERY competitive year!!!!

Fairly confident that there is no Quarters jinx on Polaris this season. They are too strong not to make Finals.

I think what contributed to the large swings in placement was the rule that you got one more point for every round of advancement. So there were a lot of caption changes after each show. Make a bad move……drop 10 places.

Funny that rule started in season 6 and ended in season 9...........huuummmmmmm.

Star of Jupiter	World	19.80	19.80	16.62	19.40	16.13	19.30	19.20	19.30	0.00	94.575
The Stud Bolts	 World	19.80	19.80	16.62	19.40	16.13	19.30	19.20	19.30	0.00	94.575

Does Star of Jupiter and The Stud Bolts have the same captions or did they just get lucky?

Edited by Chris Rohn

Star of Jupiter	World	19.80	19.80	16.62	19.40	16.13	19.30	19.20	19.30	0.00	94.575
The Stud Bolts	 World	19.80	19.80	16.62	19.40	16.13	19.30	19.20	19.30	0.00	94.575

Does Star of Jupiter and The Stud Bolts have the same captions or did they just get lucky?

I didn't notice that. Good question.

I double checked it, and they do NOT have the same captions. There was one caption where 2 different corps had the same score.