Michael "Cozy" Baker Passes Away

JohnD

I'm sorry to report that our dear friend, Cozy Baker, passed away this morning. I just received the phone call that confirms this terrible news. There are no further details regarding funeral plans or services at this time. I'm sure we'll receive more info as the day progresses.

The entire drum corps community has lost a true CHAMPION for the activity and many of us have lost a close friend.

Our prayers are with his family and those closest to him as we all grieve this terrible loss.

Rest in Peace, Cozy.

-john

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:santa:

This is just devastating..I understood he was still struggling, but I hope that more info and details will elaborate on how things changed so quickly..

Vaya con Dios, Cozy..The activity has lost one of its biggest... :worthy:

Pat

Very sad news. Our beloved activity has lost one of its most beloved icons. My regret is that my close relationship with him was for just a few years. Cozy was caring individual who considered drum corps his extended family. His efforts to support our pastime were immense and effective. I don't think I'll watch another drum corps performance without thinking of him.

R.I.P. my friend.

Fred

What short time I had to get to know Cozy, he made me feel like a long lost friend... and in a way, we were, because we all had the drum corps activity in common. No question why he was so well thought of.... Thoughts and prayers for his close friends and family...

RIP Cozy.... and say hey to all our friends who've gone before you.....

With deepest sadness......

AA

Silent Post for Cozy and his CRAZY glasses!