DCI Broadcast

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's my guess based on hunches and by no means any inside information (for once):

expect the quarterfinals live in theaters...perhaps but not definitely a countdown of some kind. don't expect anything else.

Makes sense to me....though are you thinking that the semi- webcast is also gone?

well i would assume they would keep the webcast, i was talking about the TV/theater events the OP was asking about. however i would not be surprised as well to see even more expansion of the webcasting through the fan network...it doesn't seem to be too much work to do them...most shows allow DCI internet access which is how scores and recaps are available so quickly (and why it takes so long to get that info sometimes) thus all you need is enough bandwidth, a host, and a camera right?

as far as a TV broadcast, didn't DCI once say they flipped the entire bill for putting it all together? thus i wouldn't expect to see any kind of TV events unless someone comes in to sponsor it.

Hasn't this been beat to death in other threads already?

*throws a dead horse on the ground*

*throws a dead horse on the ground*

Is this what you're looking for?

deadhorse.gif

However, the OP was asking if the broadcast was returning for this next season, not 2008. Has that been talked about yet?

Randy...

Thanks for my first ROTFLMAO of '09!

Go Devs,

Thom L