I got cut from my dream corps! Now what do I do?

No - it is all about performance level and show design. Pioneer would not have stood up against the top of Div 2/3 the last few years.

Don't blame size and stop airing dirty laundry about how this year the staff is communicating and the show is written!

I dont understand what dirty laudry is being aired in any of these posts.

Last year we filled the horn line with cuts from the pit, and gratefully from the unfortunate demise of Capital Sound. We took the lemons and made as good of a flavor of lemonade as we could. If those kids would have been there all winter, I would expect a higher performance level in the summer. We also didnt have all of the music until every day camps in June. So that has changed. Not airing dirty laundry, it is just a fact.

You sound as though you may have an axe to grind, Hard Corps.

Donny

Edited by donnymusic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post Al!

Help a corps who needs you.

It will be a dream come true.

CHEZ

Where was the dirty laundry? Did I miss something? Your opinions are yours and we don't have to agree with you, so I won't. A staff that is "together" and communicates is the best way to be successful. If a few staff members are left out all the time nothing will get accomplished.

No - it is all about performance level and show design. Pioneer would not have stood up against the top of Div 2/3 the last few years.

Don't blame size and stop airing dirty laundry about how this year the staff is communicating and the show is written!

Hey Adam and Donny...Good Luck guys!

Looking forward to seeing you guys in late June this summer. I'll be in the Midwest for a week or so around the 4th. Something about a kid getting married or something like that. I'm using it as an excuse to see a few MIDWEST drum corps shows!!!

Matt will have some input into at least the written end of the front ensemble parts.

Donny

Why are all these Troopers posts in this Pioneer thread?

Maybe because the title of this thread is: I got cut from my dream corps! Now what do I do

Agreed! The Troopers obviously. But don't fprget the midwest and the Blue Stars. Two intelligent choices for anyone with the talent and desire to march with two very compttitive and promising corps!

I think both of those corps are not that easy to make anymore. Blue stars have had terrific turnout and talent this year. Troopers are doing just fine too.

My advice for anyone that gets cut from any corps is to march somewhere. No matter what your talent or experience level is, there is a corps for you. Having marching experience helps your chances at making a "dream corps" so much.

You could always come to the DCA side and march with Fusion. Most of our members are young. I think the average age of all the members is probably around 20. Our show is called "Progress" and we are playing the music from Disneys Millennium Celebration. Horn and Percussion parts written by none other than Ron Ellis and John Campese. Pretty hot stuff esp the mello parts. Our next camp is Jan 17-18 at Rahway High School in Rahway, NJ. Go to http:/fusioncorenj.homestead.com for some more information :tongue:

edit: cause I have fat fingers... thanks donnymusic

Edited by SkysTheLimit

You could always come to the DCA side and march with Fusion. Most of our members are young. I think the average age of all the members is probably around 20. Our show is called "Progress" and we are playing the music from Disneys Millennium Celebration. Horn and Percussion parts written by none other than Don Ellis and John Campese. Pretty hot stuff esp the mello parts. Our next camp is Jan 17-18 at Rahway High School in Rahway, NJ. Go to http:/fusioncorenj.homestead.com for some more information :tongue:

So, let me get this straight...because I'm trying to understand the placement of your marketing piece here....

if I get cut from my dream corps....let's say Cavies...and then I try Glassmen and I get cut there too. So, I run over to Colts and then..they tell me the same as Cavies and Glassmen....I know what I have to work on to eventually make one of those corps.

What you are saying here...is you believe it is a logical next step to go to Fusion corps in New Jersey and perform a DCA schedule that stretches to Labor Day if I want to march championship week OR I could choose to try Pioneer.

My friend...I don't see Fusion as a probable alternative for a Midwest kid. Pioneer is a good choice especially with the instructors they have.

So, thanks for the DCA pitch...we know the circuit exists. But, this thread HAPPENS to be about a REASONABLE alternative for a kid who might get cut from Regiment, Cavies, Madison, etc. New Jersey doesn't appear to be a reasonable alternative.

But, thanks for the almost blind marketing shot in the dark. I doubt you'll see any results directly from your post.