I got cut from my dream corps! Now what do I do?

Cut from your "dream" corps my friend? Well, there's a few things you can try. Start off my stomping, crying and pouting. If this don't work, you can threaten to not eat your vegetables, OR, better yet, hold your breath 'till you turn blue. If it's still no dice, you can always offer to have your parents pay double the audition fee to show up at the next camp. If THAT don't work??? Hey, there are a lot of macrame classes that don't require any audition.....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who WANTS to march Troopers, and they aren't my safety? And doesn't want to march for a big boy? :thumbup:

Am I the only one who WANTS to march Troopers, and they aren't my safety? And doesn't want to march for a big boy? :thumbup:

Nope. There have been good numbers at the first audition camps and plenty at the January camp right now. A lot of the folks who wish to march just don't post to DCP. (that goes for any corps, not just Troop) Don't worry, you are not alone. And that goes for all of the non-big boy corps, WC and OC.

Marching for a "big boy" gets a lot more talk because that's where the natural focus is in a competitive arena. It's just like pro sports - people love to talk, and sometimes talk trash. They like to postulate and question and take sides, and some want to march there simply because it's what they want. It doesn't diminish in any way your desire, or the desire of others, to march somewhere else. You and the hundreds of others like you will get a quality experience. You will work harder than you ever have in your life and you will learn just what it takes to push yourself beyond your limits. It's all good.

Edited by TerriTroop

i'd say that since the troopers will be competing this year, there are at least 130 other people who want to march troopers.

The staff at Pioneer are in the first few posts, and Adam, (who aged out at Pioneer), knows what he got out of the experience he received at Pioneer. He started this thread. He is also a very intelligent band director in Illinois, and runs the highly successful Pioneer indoor drum line.

The direction of show design will be interesting to watch develop. Music is already written, which is a huge difference for Pioneer for a few years at least. The staff is communicating with each other and have had numerous conferences about what to do to make the corps better.

The point is...what usually hurts Pioneer more than performance level, is SIZE! I would bet that with 20 more horn players, and 10 more guard members, Pioneer would not be the doornat in WC.

I will guarantee you that the present staff has the experience from many years and many corps, to be able to transfer their experience to any interested students, and are waiting to do just that

No - it is all about performance level and show design. Pioneer would not have stood up against the top of Div 2/3 the last few years.

Don't blame size and stop airing dirty laundry about how this year the staff is communicating and the show is written!

The staff at Pioneer are in the first few posts, and Adam, (who aged out at Pioneer), knows what he got out of the experience he received at Pioneer. He started this thread. He is also a very intelligent band director in Illinois, and runs the highly successful Pioneer indoor drum line.

The direction of show design will be interesting to watch develop. Music is already written, which is a huge difference for Pioneer for a few years at least. The staff is communicating with each other and have had numerous conferences about what to do to make the corps better.

The point is...what usually hurts Pioneer more than performance level, is SIZE! I would bet that with 20 more horn players, and 10 more guard members, Pioneer would not be the doornat in WC.

I will guarantee you that the present staff has the experience from many years and many corps, to be able to transfer their experience to any interested students, and are waiting to do just that

Troopers rule...End of story

nuff said