I got cut from my dream corps! Now what do I do?

Maybe because the title of this thread is: I got cut from my dream corps! Now what do I do

If the kid is in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota or Iowa...Pioneer makes a good choice. Get a bit west of there and Troppers are more logical.

I don't see DCA as a reasonable choice for a kid once cut from their dream DCI corps. The kid most likely doesn't march...that's what the stats tell us.

Most kids who march DCA intend to march DCA and don't audition for DCI first.

Just like most Open Class corps kids. Most are stepping into drum corps for the first time and audition for a World Class corps only after completing a season or two in Open Class.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always come to the DCA side and march with Fusion. Most of our members are young. I think the average age of all the members is probably around 20. Our show is called "Progress" and we are playing the music from Disneys Millennium Celebration. Horn and Percussion parts written by none other than Don Ellis and John Campese. Pretty hot stuff esp the mello parts. Our next camp is Jan 17-18 at Rahway High School in Rahway, NJ. Go to http:/fusioncorenj.homestead.com for some more information :tongue:

That would be a viable option...a great one...for a person who lives in the NY/NJ area. Unlike a touring World Class corps...or any corps that tours all summer...a DCA corps or a limited touring Open corps would be difficult for someone who does not live in the vicinity of the corps.

Don Ellis??????

I think you mean RON Eliis, no?

Donny

I think I'm lost... could someone please explain how we went from suggesting places for someone cut from a top-tier corps to march to being negative about "dirty laundry" or how DCA is the devil? While the OP mentioned Pioneer specifically, the thread title is a tad ambiguous and therefore open for anyone to make a suggestion for an alternative corps. Let's try to be civil and polite in the future please

:rolleyes: .

being negative about "dirty laundry" or how DCA is the devil? While the OP mentioned Pioneer specifically, the thread title is a tad ambiguous and therefore open for anyone to make a suggestion for an alternative corps. Let's try to be civil and polite in the future please

the first one was quite a rude troll who really didn't belong in this thread and left long ago. And no one's saying DCA is the devil... they're just saying that realistically, people cut from their favorite world class corps are typically not going to be terribly interested in DCA (note what board this thread is on...), especially if said corps is not local.

My friend...I don't see Fusion as a probable alternative for a Midwest kid. Pioneer is a good choice especially with the instructors they have.

So, thanks for the DCA pitch...we know the circuit exists. But, this thread HAPPENS to be about a REASONABLE alternative for a kid who might get cut from Regiment, Cavies, Madison, etc. New Jersey doesn't appear to be a reasonable alternative.

But, thanks for the almost blind marketing shot in the dark. I doubt you'll see any results directly from your post.

Tom, I didn't see the OP addressing Midwest kids only. He just said cut from their dream corps, then presented Pioneer as an alternative to sitting on their butts.

What's reasonable depends on an individual's situation. If a kid from the NJ area is cut from Cavies or Regiment, because we know these corps are drawing nationwide, Fusion or another DCA corps may in fact be an option.

Garry in Vegas