Super Bowl Halftime Show

Itd be hard to find a corps with a show together this early in the season i think...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a great idea :D I think alot of people would actually watch....and I would just assume the corps would do there previous seasons show. I mean these common folk only see pretty shapes in the drill and alot of colors going around in the colorguard...they won't know if its dirty or just a form of art ;P

Is it cowbell?

No. I own two cowbells and two sets of different sizes of agogo bells.

It must be something else.

No. I own two cowbells and two sets of different sizes of agogo bells.

It must be something else.

live drum corps would be my next answer...

the moment that a drum corps does a halftime show is the moment it admits that its really a marching band.

We (the Cavaliers) did the half-time for the Giants/Bills game the week of finals in Buffalo in 1990.

A drunken fan offered a snare drummer 25 cents for his hat. The snare drummer declined, but did offer the fan 5 cents for his mom.

Pandemonium ensued.

Let's see a marching band do THAT. . .

the moment that a drum corps does a halftime show is the moment it admits that its really a marching band.

Gotta love those hard liners, out there on the barricade, protecting us from the barbarian bando hordes. Rant on!

I saw SCV on tv back in around '74, doing half-time at some NFL game. They went on to win a handful of rings and helped redefine the activity in the '80s. I guess it didn't hurt them - or the activity.

On a more practical (i.e. sarcasm off) note, I don't think the alterna-bowl idea would fly in this day and age. The shows that rocked our little world back in August are a memory, dissolved into the ether. Even among the heavy hitters, who would be able (or want to invest the time and effort) to cobble a performable show back together for presentation in late January?

peace,

Fred O.

1977, we did a Chiefs half-time show. A few years before, Argonne did one as well.

INT has been doing them for years.

INT folded