Shows you would like to see done...

Yeah, this has probably been done before, but I have no idea how I would search for something like that.

So you get the idea. Where have you heard music that you would love to see drum corps-ized?

In my mind, I'd love to see a corps like Bluecoats/BK/Blue Stars try a show based around football. You can go crazy with the props and acting and whatnot, and the soundtrack would be some of the music by Sam Spence. I think the best bet would be Bluecoats. I could really see them pull it off.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about (Doubt that there are any copyright issues, since NFL patrols Youtube and takes stuff down regularly that's out of copyright.):

Roundup

Ramblin' Man From Gramblin'

The Lineman (Probably the most popular)

The Classic Battle

The Equalizer

Actually, I think I'm gonna use this for DCP-I next season.

Edited by OdeToArsenal47

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Dracula or Frankenstein get made into a show.

Thanks to our friend BanishedBeyond on Youtube, I would like to see the Lion King.

Yeah, this has probably been done before, but I have no idea how I would search for something like that.

So you get the idea. Where have you heard music that you would love to see drum corps-ized?

In my mind, I'd love to see a corps like Bluecoats/BK/Blue Stars try a show based around football. You can go crazy with the props and acting and whatnot, and the soundtrack would be some of the music by Sam Spence. I think the best bet would be Bluecoats. I could really see them pull it off.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about (Doubt that there are any copyright issues, since NFL patrols Youtube and takes stuff down regularly that's out of copyright.):

Roundup

The Classic Battle

The Equalizer

Talk to Crown about it. They've got a couple of staff members who put on a football-themed show with Avon High School a couple years back.

Roundup

The Classic Battle

The Equalizer

It's a bit dated but Purple Rain by Prince

Let's Go Crazy as the opening

Take Me With U / Darling Nikki / I Would Die 4 U - medley

Purple Rain as Concert

When Doves Cry as exit

Can you bring a motorcycle on the field?

And there's a couple of Concept Drum Corps could kick around

Dream Theater's Images and Words has a bunch of great tunes easily transformed to brass if you take your time and don't hurt yourself. Phantom could kick this thing.

You could go all the way retro with some tracks from Herbie Hancock's Head Hunters - original funk jazz fusion stuff that could inspire great work for the guard of the Corps brave enough to take it on.

Hey - this is fun!

Puppet

Purple Rain

still wanna see someone do Patton. Since this subject comes up every year, I always say Patton. Yes I know it was done...almost 40 years ago...

My Chemical Romance " Helena" I think would translate well to drum corps as well

I have long dreamed of a Sam Spence drum corps show. Interesting to see I'm not alone.

Bari13 - I marched in both Frankenstein (97) and Dracula (99) themed shows. You should check them out if you can find them.