2009 Predictions

Oh my. Needless to say, I think that you may have eaten too much coleslaw from the salad bar at Sizzler, because I think your head may have some swiss cheese inside it. Unless you have traveled out west, you are speaking nonsense. I highly suggest that you put down the lava lamp, take down the Boyz2Men poster, put your algebra test in your punky brewster trapper keeper, and take a comfortable seat on your teal beanbag chair. I have a gigantic serving of awesomeness to serve you, compliments of some bad mofo pals in NorCal.

:sad:

:tongue:

Awesome post ! By referencing Boyz2Men AND Punky Brewster in your slam against the original poster, you not only slammed him, you also confirmed that he is, in fact, Cousin Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bellaire. Bravo.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure which is funnier..........people making predictions in January or the people that get their panties in a bunch as if its gospel they speak..........

I will be in Rome, Italy over Labor Day this coming year - I predict I'll be drinking very good Vino and eating some awesome Pasta - take THAT to the bank!

Kay: I am 100 percent Italian and I am jealous. :sad::tongue::tongue:

Guess people are passionate about the activity.

Oh my. Needless to say, I think that you may have eaten too much coleslaw from the salad bar at Sizzler, because I think your head may have some swiss cheese inside it. Unless you have traveled out west, you are speaking nonsense. I highly suggest that you put down the lava lamp, take down the Boyz2Men poster, put your algebra test in your punky brewster trapper keeper, and take a comfortable seat on your teal beanbag chair. I have a gigantic serving of awesomeness to serve you, compliments of some bad mofo pals in NorCal.

:ph34r:

:dancin:

My hero, and too true. Just look at the past few years, or even last vs. 2007. While I enjoyed Gades 07 show, last year was a marked improvement in all captions. It's always nice to see the left coast getting bigger better louder.

OK, here's mine: I am absolutely going to try to get to a show this summer. Yep, that's a definite maybe!

Best post in this thread. Like Woody Allen said....."90 percent of life is showing up." :tongue:

Fran

Someone pee in your California raisin soaked Cheerios?

It's evident the Renegades are unable to accept criticism....years of stagnant placement at DCA shows it. Eastern corps do make adjustments from year to year. Look at how the Buccaneers guard has improved RETROACTIVELY since my original post :rolleyes:

:lol:

:thumbup:

:lol:

Awesome post ! By referencing Boyz2Men AND Punky Brewster in your slam against the original poster, you not only slammed him, you also confirmed that he is, in fact, Cousin Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bellaire. Bravo.

LOL, I didn't know Dennis Miller was into drum corps. you guys are amazing. :rolleyes:

Someone pee in your California raisin soaked Cheerios?

It's evident the Renegades are unable to accept criticism....years of stagnant placement at DCA shows it. Eastern corps do make adjustments from year to year. Look at how the Buccaneers guard has improved RETROACTIVELY since my original post :rolleyes:

Buccaneers has finished in 1st place for 4 straight years. They must not be able to accept criticism and/or must be afraid to try something new. Stagnant Placement clearly is the sign of a horrifically run, badly managed, and underperforming corps.

Please sign my petition at www.BringALFbackToTV.com and demand that Buccaneers accept criticism better.

I might take the name Stagnant Placement and form a mini-corps with it. We would wear hyper-color tshirts and throw packets of pop-rocks to everyone in the audience. Our songs would be a medley of the greatest hits from boy bands. I feel sparklers and crepe paper might need to be utilizied. Hmmmmm

I must say that as a Californian who lives in the upper part of the state that I don't blame other people for putting the Renegades as low as they have, no one gets to see them until prelims. Is that a disadvantage?

Who knows. Some say yes some say no, No matter who says what they'll be some hot head like me who'll defend their opinion to the death. Look, the Renegades have played very similar shows the last couple of

years and they haven't changed styles or jumped on the latest trends to impress judges. The Renegades have however gotten bigger and better since 06 and be rest assured that 09 will be as different as day and

night. The one thing the Renegades could do is continue to do what they're doing this year, the amount of talent that has shown up this year is staggering. How long should it take a corps to become the dominant

force in DCA? What other corps in recent history showed up and made finals every year without fail? So cut em a slack burger.

Should they play Tommy? Night in Tunisia? Strawberry Soup? Well maybe Strawberry Soup. But my point is if they played the mainstream stuff would you like them more?

Trust me when I tell you once you hear the corps this year You'll be surprised. Garvey OUT!!!!!!

P.S. Dear drum corps Gods, Please never allow the Renegades to use Bb horns or play cookie cutter junior corps shows. Almond.

RENEGADES: Stay the way you are. You have your own style and ideas, yes winning would be great but you bring class and interest to the DCA.

Having watched the DCA grow, I can't believe there are people still who enjoy putting down Corps ideas. Kilties and MCL had great Corps last year. They didn't make it but they were probably the best two corps not scoring in the finals.

This may be hard to accept for some but many people left the stadium as Renegade, MCL and even Kiltie fans.

Renegades do your thing and thats what makes DCA so much fun. You entertain and thats what its about.

Sorry to run on but I couldn't see Corps being put down when anyone who know anything about Drum Corps knows what a great show last years Championships were and i didn't even mention the many fine "A" Corps/