Rochester Crusaders and Drum Corps Community Lose a great.

Rick was a special person and we tried to phone each other often. He wrote the hardest book I ever played in 2000. He will be missed and I am very proud to have known him, and am a better person for it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all you WDCHOF members who knew Rick, you know what you have to do.

Make it happen.

The Wilt family sends our sincere condolences to the Rogers and Cru Families.

Ben, Sharon, Joe & Scott

I have to say that I am blown away by Rick's passing. Also seeing how many drum corps people have left us to join Pepe, Vince and others in the Heavenly Drum and Bugle Corps, this is just to many in such a short period of time.

The Lord is being joined by some great people.

I have to say that I am blown away by Rick's passing. Also seeing how many drum corps people have left us to join Pepe, Vince and others in the Heavenly Drum and Bugle Corps, this is just to many in such a short period of time.

The Lord is being joined by some great people.

I'm so sorry to hear the news. Rick was this great kid when we marched together with the Appleknockers. He never changed his positive outlook and the testimony of his legacy on this site is incredible. He loved what he did and those around him. I will miss him. He's been a part of my life for about 40 years. My thoughts and prayers are with Rick's family and all of you.

Steve Cooley

To all you WDCHOF members who knew Rick, you know what you have to do.

Make it happen.

The Wilt family sends our sincere condolences to the Rogers and Cru Families.

Ben, Sharon, Joe & Scott

No problem here...he certainly deserves it...and has all of the qualifications.

Donny

I'm sorry for your lose, may he RIP.

This is so tragic. He was so happy at this past camp, it was nice to see him smiling and doing what he loves one last time. My condolences to Sara and her family. :rolleyes:

Rick and I were joined at the hip ! I played rt. next to him for many years,we traveled and roomed together for years. I will miss him dearly.All i can say is, he was a true GENTLEman and a loyal friend. Hold my spot buddy.

peace and love to all,

Gorman

Rick along with Chris Calhoun were my 2 biggest influences when I began drum corps with the Crusaders back in 1988. We used to have such a great time back in those days. Mike Russ used to work with Rick on the Stingray drums back in those days (88 cru debut for those drums) and I used to tag along once in a while. Great stories, great fun, and always trying to make a drum better. I remember the drum parts in Streetplayer and LaFiesta-unreal. That was the first time I met Cheryl (played cymbals) What a great family.

In 2001, I was able to (hopefully) return a little bit of the favor when I went to Oswego and had the opportunity to teach Josh. It doesn't fall far from the tree..... Josh has a great passion for the activity and loves to drum (wonder where he got that from??). Josh is teaching at Oswego now.

Rick, thanks for all you have done for me and the activity. May you RIP my friend, you were way too young to leave us.

Maybe you can work on Slam Dunk-the sequel. His individual solo in 88 that he wrote was just off the charts. Dude woke up with chops-no warm up needed!