Phantom to go to FJM

Probably talking about switching to Jupiter horns.

wasnt it established it doesnt really matter what the horn is, as long as its decent, its about the instruction and talent thats behind the horn?

was their last uni copyrighted or trademarked or something by the last company? because if it was that would mean they might have a different look. maybe darker :tongue:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that these are bad changes, but the new uniforms and the switch to Jupiter....

....aren't they changing a few too many things? Even little changes, it seems like last year turned into a pretty successful formula, so why not just keep it? When the top 6 switches things, that's when bad things starts to happen.

Probably talking about switching to Jupiter horns.

why don't we all just refer to them as Quantum, since that's the line they'll be using? it, for name recognition's sake, will somewhat distance them from the quality of previous Jupiter lines.

Hey, it worked for Arthur Anderson and Firestone!

why don't we all just refer to them as Quantum, since that's the line they'll be using? it, for name recognition's sake, will somewhat distance them from the quality of previous Jupiter lines.

Hey, it worked for Arthur Anderson and Firestone!

quantum would infer that they would be using the full quantum line, meaning majestic pit percussion, mapex marching percussion, and jupiter horns. when they will only be using jupiter horns as far as i've read

i played on the quantum series marching euphonium recently, and i have to say its a nice horn. however, i dont think that it can outdo the the king marching euphoniums. also, im not entirely sure, but i think the marching baritones are small bore, but i think phantom will just do all euphoniums.

are the baritones really all small bore?

:tongue:

according to a dealer i talked to a few weeks ago, they are all small bore. i walked in the music store and noticed they had an advertisement they had for the quantum series and remembering that phantom was switching, i decided id ask if they had any for testing. turns out that they supplied the horns for the all-american band for the macy's thanksgiving day parade, so he had a few. i played it, its very nicely balanced and has a nice sound, but like i said before im just not sure it can beat the king euphoniums.