5 Favorite Moments from 2008 DCI

1. PR's "I AM SPARTACUS!" when the DM ran over and speared the other DM. I was at finals, and although I had also seen this ending in Allentown, it was electric at finals and I had friends there who hadn't seen it. They were pumped.

2. Madison Scouts bassline remaining on the field after everyone had left. AWESOME.

3. Boston Crusaders cross-fade. I know it's been done before, but it was so frickin' sweet.

4. PR's drum major lying dead on the field after being dragged out by the assistant DM's. Had to get up when they won the Disney award. SWEET.

5. Carolina Crown: last couple minutes of show. OMG BRASS! Felt like weeping.

Can't wait til 2009!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)Phantom Regiment taking off their helmets and marching the end of the show bare-headed

2)Bluecoats brass chorale from "The Boxer"

3)Cavaliers entire percussion feature

4)Blue Devils bass drum feature with the spinning drums (wtf?!?)

5)Hearing the top 2 scores announced! :tongue:

1)Phantom Regiment taking off their helmets and marching the end of the show bare-headed

This right here was the thing that pushed this amazing show to legendary for me.

I've always wanted to be able to do something like that... but being able to see such an amazing corps do it is pretty cool with me too. :tongue:

3. Bluecoats - The boxer- Had to change my pants after it

Hilarious! :tongue:

I dont feel like repeating any but adding. the balloons in Glassmens show.

Edited by Silver_King

1. I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet. BD's sick drum break with the waddling legs.

2. Academy - Another sick pice with some incredible horn licks and runs, double-tonguing...WOW!!!

3. Bluecoats - Right up front brass feature.

4. Phantom - That hornline sound, especially at the end of the opener. Great chords

5. VK - The VK we remember and loved really came back with that same style we all loved. Their New Orleans style funeral march entrance onto the field

So I've been ghosting it for about 7 years now. Thought I'd finally take the time to register and post, hehe.

1. All of Phantom's show.

2. Crown's brassline...gorgeous.

3. Bluecoats brass choir. Saw it three times this summer...Wow.

4. I actually really enjoyed Boston's show. Wish it was cleaner...both musically and visually.

5. Finals announcements. :tongue:

Phantom's encore performance - WOW. My favorite moment in 2008 was watching from the first row on about the 40, and seeing the faces of the color guard all sobbing when the slaves revolt and finally throw off their chains. Amazing, I don't think I'll ever forget that. So emotional.

which side were you on, 1 or 2? if u were on side 2 we were standing right next to each other.

i've never sat front row, but for their encore i HAD to. it was great to see all the details and emotion in the guard, because i hadn't been able to see it the two other times i had watched. it also didn't hurt that i had the opportunity of having my face blown off more than a few times either. good times.

Edited by chaos001

In no particular order:

Crown's Claire de Lune somehow turns into West Side Story's Somewhere.

The four murders. The ballad murder was the best.

Cavies bending notes facing backfield.

Phantom's Mello soloist.

Herald Trumpets.

The "Crown Impact."