Best use of Electronics

I guess I had forgotten the Knights doing that in 1986. Where has my memory gone?

We may actually have gotten rid of them by the time we met up with Bluecoats. Tee hee.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike and Tim Jackson with thier respective groups (Mission Viejo and Rhythm X indoor drumlines) have done some mind blowing things with the use of triggering, amplification.

Yes but I think their role is more with the battery at MV and RX. Credit is due to the front ensemble writers responsible for these effects, Jim Wunderlich (MV/BD) and Andrew Markworth (RX/Carolina Crown). I expect both to do some great things with their productions this year.

If Spirit uses the electronics in 2009 i think they will be the one to turn heads. Kansas is a perfect vehicle for them to show evey one how it is done.

i hope that it wouldn't turn heads, because then the audience would be facing away

Edited by Baritone13

Actually, it takes them the whole year to figure it out. Some mid-season shows were way out of balance as far as the pit/announcer/corps goes.

This is relevant.

I think IF Phantom uses them it will be done very tastfully and well.

To me, a brass guy, Sandi Rennick is the best front ensemble arranger out there. She not only gives them lots of notes to play but she also gets the most tone colors and musicianship out of them. She actually gets so many colors and textures I'm not sure WHY she would need to use electronics.

I don't know what her and Paul's experience with electronics is or if they'll use them but if they do I think it will be incorperated into the overall pit texture the way it should be.

To me, a brass guy, Sandi Rennick is the best front ensemble arranger out there. She not only gives them lots of notes to play but she also gets the most tone colors and musicianship out of them. She actually gets so many colors and textures I'm not sure WHY she would need to use electronics.

Agreed! I know close to nothing about percussion, but its easy to see they have one of the most musical front ensembles each year

Best use of electronics? Blowing them up out in the parking lot.

Oh, I thought this was the best use of PYROTECHNICS thread. :tongue:

She not only gives them lots of notes to play but she also gets the most tone colors and musicianship out of them.

Lots of notes? Phantom's pit plays close to the least amount of notes in the top 6. Compare their book to groups like BD,Cavies, and Cadets, they're not playing half the stuff those other guys are. Do they play it well? Of course, they play their book to almost perfection, but it's not half the stuff the other guys are doing.

It's easy to be musical when all you're not playing as much. Everything is relative.

Edited by MGCpimpOtimp