Hawthorne Caballeros - Guard Rehearsal 1.18.09

Hawthorne Caballeros – Guard Rehearsal 1.18.09

First Camp of 2009 Report – Caballero of the Year!

First item of business – Guard Rehearsal!

The Color Guard will rehearse on Sunday, January 18th 2009 from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm at Washington Elementary School, 1 Mohawk Ave, Hawthorne, NJ. Click here for directions.

Camp Report – 2009.01

The Hawthorne Caballeros kicked off the 2009 season with a great camp weekend… despite the snow, wind and ice. We started out at Hawthorne High School on Saturday with plans to rehearse through 5:00 and then wrap up the day with our annual holiday party – already a month overdue. Well, Mother Nature had different ideas. The party was canceled; we wrapped up a bit earlier then planned and still managed to have an awesome day. Sunday we returned to Post 199 due to weather restrictions, and ended up with a great ensemble performance by the percussion and brass sections. This program is so exciting and inspiring – the ballad is beautifully powerful. It was also great to see some new faces blended with our returning members – and the staff is just mahvelous!

Annual Awards and Caballero of the Year!

So, no party – but we still had time to celebrate and distribute our 2008 Caballeros Awards. Congratulations to the following:

Percussion Member of the Year: Brenden Dempsey

Marching Member of the Year: Lara Miller

Horn Player of the Year: Mike Bundy

Color Guard Member of the Year: To be announced at Guard Rehearsal on 1.18.09

A special recognition was presented to Pete Salati for his years of support and dedication to the corps.

The award ceremony ended with the presentation of the Hawthorne Caballero of the Year for 2008 to Josh Katz. Frank Gerris presented this prestigious award to Josh. Josh was honored to be selected and said that “I've been graced with 23 years of marching as a member of the Caballeros. Just having those memories and the fine friends and family I've met here along the way is a tremendous honor in itself. But to be named "Caballero of The Year" just makes this amazing journey that much more incredible! I only hope I can make it to another 23 years”. Josh joins a prestigious list of former Caballeros who have received this honor. The Hawthorne Caballeros are proud to present the awards for 2008 and hope you will share our excitement by sending your congratulations along to our winners.

Our next full camp is scheduled for January 31st and February 1st. We welcome new members and if you have questions, contact Mike Ryan at cabscontra@aol.com. Check back here for updates on the Camp or at www.cabs.org. We hope to see you there!

Edited by sophillycab

Congratulations Josh, Perseverance does have it's rewards. Good Luck to the Cabs this season

Congrats Josh

Way to go buddy.

Look forward to haering the new book soon and getting down to see some of my dear friends.

A well deserved award Josh. Josh you are the man.

What an award. A trophy and one year open bar at Post 199, how great for you.

Come on Mr Pronti... No teasing Josh like that... Unless they have undated the award in the past 15 years there was never an Open Bar attached LOL Maybe that was just for me LOL

Come on Mr Pronti... No teasing Josh like that... Unless they have undated the award in the past 15 years there was never an Open Bar attached LOL Maybe that was just for me LOL

Actually Lou said I owe a round at the post. He's keeping tabs. If I don't he said the trophy was only on loan. :tongue:

Thanks all for your kind word everyone. It's truly an honor. Thanks!

Edited by JKatzmellophone

Congrats Josh - Welcome to the Club - it sure is awesome!!!

Congrats To everyone.

Don't Forget

Hawthorne Caballeros – Guard Rehearsal 1.18.09

First Camp of 2009 Report – Caballero of the Year!

First item of business – Guard Rehearsal!

The Color Guard will rehearse on Sunday, January 18th 2009 from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm at Washington Elementary School, 1 Mohawk Ave, Hawthorne, NJ. Click here for directions.