Brenda Curran

It is with great sadness that today I write on here about the passing of Brenda Curran, wife of John "Cupcakes" Curran.

Brenda passed away this afternoon after a long and courageous battle. Words can not express the thanks that our family feels for all the support that has been given to Cakes and Brenda during her illness. To all of our drum corps friends we thank you and love you all!

I will keep you all updated on the arrangements as they become available.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is with great sadness that today I write on here about the passing of Brenda Curran, wife of John "Cupcakes" Curran.

Brenda passed away this afternoon after a long and courageous battle. Words can not express the thanks that our family feels for all the support that has been given to Cakes and Brenda during her illness. To all of our drum corps friends we thank you and love you all!

My condolences Cakes. May she rest in peace.

"Cupcake" you know your many many Drum Corps friends are praying for Brenda.

May they help your spirits in your time of saddness.

My sympathy and love to my buddy 'Cakes' and the entire Curran family.

Jim

Brenda will be missed. She was a lifelong Hurricane and someone I was always glad to call FRIEND and my kids called Auntie Brenda!! Both Brenda, Cakes and I go back over 30 years together, from when Cakes and I were rookies together in Hurcs, to us making the road trips back to Boston, teaching together, marching together, sharing a dulplex , etc.

She was courageous woman in her battle with illness over the last few years. And always had a big heart, she still looked out for my daughter when she forgot her shoes when we went to visit last year! She also LOVED Christmas, and I am glad that she made it thru to see another.

I have lot more to say, but right now all I can say is....Brenda , I will miss you!

My Friend John "CupCakes" Curran has been strong during her illness. Only those close know what John was going thru.. But her never gave up and kept doing what needed to be done to support her. he is a great man !

John Jr and Cheryl have been pillars of support during this time, and thank you for the updates. Kim, I feel your pain, and I am sure you know the place you have in my heart also.

Goodbye for now Brenda, I am sure I will see you again sometime. John , keep being strong, she is better now and her illness is gone. I love you both !!

Edited by hurcwave

John,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you !!

The Drum Corps activity loses another one of its finest.

Dik & Katie

John and family

our thoughts and prayers are with you...

Oh my.......I am extremely sad to hear this news.

For a while, John and Brenda were my second parents. Brenda always had a special place in my heart, even after I left the family. She was the sweetest, kindest and most generous person I ever knew. Although we have not been close in about 15 years, I will miss her.

John......please know that she is suffering no more, and now she can look upon you and take care of you from a higher place.

Cheryl and John......I am so sorry for you guys. You know that I am always here if you ever need it.

Kim....what can I say. I am so sorry for your loss. I do know what you are going through, and you cannot imagine how my heart hurts for you right now. But please understand.....She is no longer in pain, no more meds, no more machines, and she is resting comfortably. I know it's not easy, but please be strong.....she would want that.

My sincerest condolences go out to the entire Curran family.

Edited by FPonzo

My condolences to the family.